Is it rude if someone says this to you when you are joking around?

craig.wi.7895

craig.wi.7895

If someone tells you to "stop trying to be funny" when you are joking around or seriously says "you aren't funny" when the person is joking around

is it rude

If someone tells you to "stop trying to be funny" when you are joking around or seriously says "you aren't funny" when the person is joking around

is it rude

It sounds like you are either antagonizing or annoying them, so no, they probably want you to stop whatever you are doing. Go bug someone else. :bunny:

is it rude

In relation to your other thread, I think they might have a point.....

I pranked my GF by wearing a ski mask and carrying a fake gun and pretending to break into our house....
  • Like 3

It may not be related, but it's connected.

Care to fill us in on what the above circumstances were then?

You have a childish, unpopular and tactless sense of humour, it seems, and your timing is way off.

If people are pointing out to you that you're not funny, I'd listen to them.

Your actions - both here and in the thread linked - are entirely inappropriate and it's therefore been pointed out to you.

They're not being rude, it seems you are.

No it's not rude for somebody to say that. Mostly when that phrase is used, the speaker is trying to get the actor to stop doing something mean in the name of humor. It's rude for the actor to continue, when what he/she is doing is not funny.