Worried Im about to become the odd man out?

Intrepidcaribou

Intrepidcaribou

I moved to this small town a few months ago. I made a bunch of friends at work, but all of them are married except one guy who has become my little buddy. All the women I know are married or partnered (there are significantly more men than women in my city).

He has a female friend who is moving in with him from back east. I think she's in love with him. I don't think he's in any way attractive, so she can have him. I'm celibate anyway because I'm not good at being a girlfriend (eccentric, no domestic inclinations or skills) and I haven't been attracted to anyone in years.

I'm afraid, since I'm on my own, people are going to stop inviting me to things. I don't mind too too much. I don't mind being alone but I hate being excluded.

If the married people you do interact with invite you to things now, they won't stop just because this other guy got a GF.

Be friendly. Invite others to things & live your life.

Also do try to widen your circle to include other singles.

• Author
Intrepidcaribou

The married people tend to hang out with other twosomes. Even though my little buddy and I weren't involved, we made the numbers even.

I don't know anybody else in this community who's single. Single women don't seem to stay single for long

Edited by Intrepidcaribou