does this make sense?

a friend of mine wants to borrow money, she often does, and it gets like i am dealing with a child in that she never gets her money straight, she pays back but...

she is very critical of me so, i do not want to meet her, she is an old friend so i keep her around but distant

she gambles this is why she is broke

she will want to borrow and make me spend my money faster than i spend it myself - it messes up my sense of money for the week - does it makes sense to feel messed up? it feels like a whirlwind

Edited by darkmoon

No, it does not mean you are messed up.

It means she is messed up and she needs to see a psychiatrist because it sounds like she has a gambling addiction.

And also consider this, if she wins money, how much of it is she sharing with you?

For example, let's say you gave her ten bucks. Then let's say she wins $4,000. If she is giving you back only ten dollars, then, I'm sorry, then she is not your friend. She is just using you.

But, don't press her on this, just stop giving her money. A true test of friendship would be if she voluntarily gave you say like (an arbitrary choice of course) $350 out of the money she won. For friendship to be meaningful, people should be like this. Anything else is a waste Of course there could be other ways of volunteering to pay you back, but otherwise, it's just a useless waste and she should be dumped.

No, she is not your friend, you're just a walking wallet to her.

• Author

i do not see her as a close friend, indeed they are rare, i think i will tell her in a text that i am broke too, pre-emptively, just for a quiet life, i can see her getting idk, whiny and demanding... i am on a budget, she should do likewise... i will tell her... idk... am fazed

Edited by darkmoon

Confused here. How does she "make" you spend money?

As to borrowing, the rule of thumb is , payback what you borrowed.

So be it if she wins 4000 at the race track. She only need pay you back what was loaned. Thats Math 101.

I personally do not get into lending money , got burnt by the best of friends ( or so I thought).

I've bought friends groceries or helped pay their meds, but I no longer hand out loan money.

• Author

i know all that already

my question, my problem, what i typed out is - does it make sense to feel messed up?