Why would you give "the look"?

carbondioxide

carbondioxide

Why is it that when we look at each other it's as though we're burning each other's eyes out?

Like, he would just stare so deep into my eyes and would be smiling this smile as though i'm gold, and I would give the same gaze back. But i'm a female so perhaps my reaosns for doing so is different. It's just his glance is so full of meaning, like it's really heavy even though we were silent.. if that makes sense? This happened whilst I was sitting in the passenger seat of his car and we just parked up late at night, and I turned to look the sky then I turn back to see him just smiling at me with this stare of admiration.. but that "stare of admiration" could just easily be my perspective because I really feel for him.

I'm 19 years old and my best friend is 20 years old.

Oh and also he's had a girlfriend for 4 years. We've been friends for like 4 years as well and we just naturally bloomed to develop feelings at around the same time (last year), as we both admitted so a few months ago but never brought it back up again. I care way too much about his girl to do anything about it but I feel the way I feel. So yes... What would you say this eye-locking intense gaze from him means? Anything different? I welcome brutal answers with a smile :D

StalwartMind

Maybe the boring kind of romantic answer but, I think greatly moments like that and similar are driven by your own mind, which is influenced by a variety of events, such as memories, passion, desire and the need to feel there is a magical connection or moment. If the other part feels the same, then well, there you have it, it's as real as you imagine it, sometimes overthinking things can spoil it too. We all feel the way we feel, at least I appreciate that you care too much about his girl to do anything about it. There are many excellent individuals out there, you can develop feelings for someone who is a better "candidate" if you will.