He wanted my number but disappeared?

beautifuldisaster027

beautifuldisaster027

There's a guy at work im acquainted to. Hes also married, working on getting a divorce. He told me a couple months ago hes leaving his wife. I didn't see him again until just last week because he moved to a different department on the other side of the building. Last week, I was shocked to run into him after break. I thought he may have quit because I haven't seen him for a while. I go.."you still work here!?"..like I was surprised. He just said "well yeah" and laughed. My friend is also acquainted with him and she went up to him after break after I had seen him. I walk off while they talk and like a minute later, she yells me name across the dang walk way and she catches up with me. She said he wants my number. At first I was like..umm no. I thought he was old enough to be my dad and found out hes just a few years older but I said "hes married!" My friend til me that he kicked his wife out last Sunday(2 weeks ago). I didn't plan on giving him my number so I kinda just let it be. Then I talked to a friend and she told me to just talk to him and go with the flow and see what happens. And that we could be friends regardless. I'm just like, "okay, I'll give it a shot..nothing to lose" but im not going to be getting too involved with him for a while! So the first day of work arrives, I didn't see him. Then the next day, then the day after that...still never saw him.. Tonight..nothing. My friend told me that someone told her he quit. But I dont know. I think he would e told my friend if he was going to. But im not sure why he wanted my number? I do know when he found out I didn't have a boyfriend, he was way more talkative to me before he switched departments. But I've been trying to give him my number and not able to and its making me crazy thinking he quit. Like, why would he ask for my number then quit without even letting me or my friend know? Its like he wanted it on Friday, but Monday he never showed up..nor any day of this week. He just suddenly disappears. What's going on?

He wanted your number because he was interested. Sounds like he's got a lot going on in his life though. Are you sure you want to be apart of that drama?

Don't take him disappearing personally.

Yeah, it seems to me like he actually might have some drama in his life. If you're into that sort of thing, keep trying to look for him! If not, I'd refrain from even trying.

Don't take him quitting or leaving randomly personally. That's just a sign to show you how he truly is and how his life is as well.