Is she really my friend?

Long story short my ex gf offered me the hand of friendship after 9 months of us breaking up; she got in touch with me initially to apologise for dumping me and to say that she wanted to be friends and nothing more, i agreed and we have been chatting on and off now and again; the thing is she changed her number when she dumped me and the only way we communicate is via email, i dont even message her its always her messaging me first, what gets me is if she was a real friend and took me seriously dont u think she would have given me her new phone number instead of us chatting via email? Just curious what you guys think? Btw last week she mentioned shes starting to go out alot now and i said one day maybe we should go for a drink, she replied back maybe not?!? Whats your thoughts guys?

She feels bad for breaking up and she doesn't hate you, but she's not going to get re-involved with you and I don't think I'd pursue friendship with her any more than maybe a brief once-a-month saying hi. And if it's a thorn in your side, I wouldn't do it at all. She has been clear. She is just trying to make herself feel better for hurting you.

• 2 weeks later...