Negged from an invitation

Basically feeling very low about this particular situation, I know I shouldn't and also feel frustrated that I even care so much. To put it simple, I have a friend, that friends sister and her boyfriend invited me to travel with them. I said absolutely, I would love to go, I'm up for any and all travel, I just asked the couple to keep me in the loop. Bottom line, the three of them took the vacation without having ever included me in the plans. I brought it up briefly with my friend just asking about when they were going to which she basically shut me out, mentioning that she didn't want anyone going, just them.

I'm not too particularly close to these people, but just feeling very left out of something I know we would have all enjoyed. Having difficulty just forgetting about the whole thing, and even wondering why I should bother with these particular 'friends'...

Well, your error was not checking with your friend first to see if she wanted you to go. Those other people are her people, not yours, so going around her to get them to invite you wasn't quite polite.

Well, your error was not checking with your friend first to see if she wanted you to go. Those other people are her people, not yours, so going around her to get them to invite you wasn't quite polite.

Where did you get that from the OP? She only said that they invited her.