Found out

mortensorchid

mortensorchid

About a month or two ago I posted on this issue. I was at an event when I saw a friend of mine who I hadn't seen in a long time. I was sitting at a table with three others chatting, she came up and said hello and hugged each one of them, then she deliberately snubbed me and walked away.

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/platonic/friendship/532065-i-have-been-snubbed

I had no idea why she did this. We had drifted over the months and only talked once in a while. She had had a baby and I didn't want to interfere with her time caring for him. And I'm sure I don't have to tell anyone out there that having a baby changes everything in terms of your time, energy and priorities; and, since the arrival of her baby she had bowed out of the scene for a bit. She also broke up with her bf / baby's father about two years ago.

Her baby's father who I will call Bob used to work at a restaurant near me, once in a while he and I would get together and have lunch or go out for ice cream. He's a good guy and NOTHING HAPPENED between me and him, nor did I ever wish that it would. Eventually the restaurant where Bob worked closed and he got another job at another place, met his currant gf, and now has another baby with her. I think she assumed something did happen between me and him, and I'm not sure why she's angry about it now, but she avoided me the other night and blocked me on Facebook because of it.

I'm blown away by this, and yet I am glad as well. SHe and I did not have a deep relationship to begin with, and if she thinks I did something like that then she doesn't know me and my character at all.

sportygirl89

Honestly you should have told her (he is the father of the baby) and she probably feels threatened. You not telling or even asking if it was fine sort of breaks girl code IMO. She probably is still interested in him, and sees you as a possible threat. She's probably just mad it didn't work out between the girl and him. Give it time or you know where you stand. If she hasn't spoken to you in 2 months then I'd move on.

• Author
mortensorchid

What was strange is that I saw her about a year and a half ago, she had invited me to her son's birthday party at a restaurant. And I went. The instances in question were over two years ago, and her former bf had already connected with his currant gf. I did ask him through a Facebook IM the other day if he implied something to her, he said no never.

He said he broke it off because he didn't want his son growing up in a house where two people are fighting all the time.