What's his deal? How do I be friends with him?

I met this guy at work and we hit it off immediately. At first, I thought he was attracted to me because he'd stare a lot and we used to flirt in our interactions. He has a GF, so I've remained respectful by not making advances/flirting anymore/etc. and accepting that were just friends.

I love talking to him, but he talks excessively about his GF. Every conversation is about her. I actually know more about her, whom I've never met, than I do him. At first it was no big deal because she's part of his life and it's not like I'm trying to date him. However, I'm starting to step back from the situation and wonder if he's trying to give me a hint that I'm not getting or something. Especially since I don't hear him doing this to anyone else in the office. It's made me stop being myself around him and I'm unsure how to be around him.

I got even more unsure last week. Friday was my last day in our department and I was going around to stay my goodbyes. I exchanged contact info with everyone - personal and professional emails/cell #s. Unlike everyone else, he withheld his number. We had each other's personal emails and he gave me his business card saying that he doesn't give his contact info to just anyone like I was special and to stay in touch. Before we left, he said that I had his number and to call him to only quickly correct himself.

Why is he acting so weird? He's cool and I'd love to keepin contact, but how do I with this strange vibe between us?

I don't think I would try to further any relationship there. He is guilt-ridden even talking to you, which probably means he does find you attractive. So why torment the guy? He clearly does not want to jeopardize his relationship for you though, so it's not worth pursuing. Why not just stay polite and professional?

He might be acting this way to put you off out of loyalty to his girlfriend and might be concerned that she might be jealous and get upset at him for talking to you.

It's best just to stay away from him.

It's not wise to make friends with a couple when you're single. There will always be that nagging insecurity about you.

Unless they're into things like swinging and swapping and group stuff and threesomes.

• Author

I just think he'd make a good friend cause we seem to get along well and have things in common.

So you think it's more of him and how he feels than him thinking I'm coming into him?

Most guys don't want to be "just friends," so you'd be selfish insisting this one was and he is in a relationship. He's uncomfortable. A true friend wouldn't place him in that position just for her own selfish reasons.

Most guys don't want to be friends with you.

They want to be with you.

I know this because this is how it was for me and my girlfriend when we first started off.

We were friends at first, but then I slowly reeled her in and now we're dating.

I don't like that she has a lot of guy friends because then I'm just scared that one of her "friends" who wants to hang with her might want to do something with her.

disneyfan90

My guess is that he is attracted to you, but he feels guilty about it because he has a girlfriend. It's probably why he talks about her so much.

It doesn't seem like the best idea to continue the friendship, especially considering the fact that he already has a girlfriend. Probably best to keep things on a professional level.