Do you find it disgusting for a friend to brag about sex?

I had a friend back in high school that would brag about it. I wasn't sexually active at the time, but for some reason, she loved telling me all her details. In in a way, I felt she was jealous of me because she was trying to prove herself that she is above me by bragging how many guys she slept with. And not even in my 30's, I've never had friend that is in a relationship bragging about her sex life. I have a close married friend and she doesn't even tell me details about her sex life...Anyone find this odd?

casey.lives

sex is private... actually love is the private realm. i don't care if people disclose but i don't talk and i don't talk about people's private stuff. everyone is a liberty to do whatever. your sexual life is your sexual life..

I'd find the bragging part potentially offensive if that's what they were really doing, but that could apply just as well to bragging about anything. If we're just discussing sex however, including 'conquests,' personal accomplishments, funny anecdotes, whatever, that doesn't offend me at all. I like talking about sex and I think the days of it being taboo are long gone. :)

• Like 1

Well it was high school so maybe she was just immature or something. Why are you still offended all these years later?

I find it more so annoying than disgusting. I don't want to hear about your sex life when I barely have one.

disneyfan90

I also had a friend in high school who did this. Since she was young, and since it was her first time, I suppose it's understandable. We were also good friends so I guess it made sense that she would tell me that stuff. But recently a girl I met started going on and on about her sex life within only an hour of me meeting her. I found it to be kind of on the bold side, because I barely knew this girl.

I don't find it disgusting as much as I find it a bit out of the ordinary. Much more so if it is a person I don't know well. Regardless, it doesn't really bother me if someone talks to me about it, so I just listen. But I personally keep that info to myself.

I hate it when I see people bragging about sex. I don't understand why people have to do it. It just seems so much attention whoring and advertising.

When people brag it feels like it's putting me down because it marginalizes me.

At my age it would make me feel uncomfortable. Once you've been active long enough there should be no need to talk about it unless you need advice or something. If someone is new to sex it is understandable. When I first became sexually active I annoyed at least one of my friends by bragging too much. I stopped it after she told me she didn't like it. If it really bothers you that much tell her that you don't want to hear about it. If she's a good friend she'll cut it out and talk to someone else about her sex life instead of you.

Edited by SpiralOut
I hate it when I see people bragging about sex. I don't understand why people have to do it. It just seems so much attention whoring and advertising.

When people brag it feels like it's putting me down because it marginalizes me.

That's an interesting take. In what way do you feel it marginalizes you?

When I was young me and my bestie used to share everything with each other including the details of our sex lives. I think, as someone else already mentioned, it was because we were new to sex and so everything about it was super interesting and fascinating. We swapped stories and validated each other's feelings and experiences.

Now that I'm older I don't really want to talk about the details of my sex life and I don't really want to hear about other peoples sex lives although it would depend somewhat on the nature of our relationship. A best friend telling me something intimate and persona wouldn't be as uncomfortable as a casual acquaintance telling me the details of their sex lives. I have had women I don't know very well start telling me about their sex lives and I wasn't disgusted but I felt uncomfortable.

You're in your 30's now so someone at school bragging - it wouldn't even occur to me in my 30's.

That was a long old time ago so let it go! :)

I had a friend back in high school that would brag about it. I wasn't sexually active at the time, but for some reason, she loved telling me all her details. In in a way, I felt she was jealous of me because she was trying to prove herself that she is above me by bragging how many guys she slept with. And not even in my 30's, I've never had friend that is in a relationship bragging about her sex life. I have a close married friend and she doesn't even tell me details about her sex life...Anyone find this odd?

When a man loves you the last thing he would ever do is share with others any form of your relationship with others Say the least I would not I am a man especially anything sexual is between me and her and it stays that way always ...If someone breaks that trust then DROP HIS ASS he is just a womanizer

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator

The high school girl was probably lying or embellishing anyway. I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock into what anybody in high school - or even college - said about sex.