My best friend betrayed me!!!!

farmtomarket

farmtomarket

I am struggling because I have a girlfriend who has been very kind to me at difficult points in my life. However I got into a stressful relationship about a year ago. She loved my boyfriend. But he got aggressive. I told her at times that I was worried about him and his tone.

She met him all of about 4 times. She's known me for about 2 years. Anyway, I confided in her and told her I had a miscarriage and that we had broken up. I told her I was trying to disappear. She said she would try to get together with me.

I found out that he texted...asking where I was. She told him she didn't know where I was (truth) but told him that I told her about miscarriage!!!!

I don't I know what to do. Am I wrong for never wanting to talk to her again???

yes , you are misguided. Heres the deal, you really should speak with her if for nothing else but to convey your perspective. Maybe her concern is for your health after the miscarriage. Was it his child? Perhaps that is rude of me to ask, yet it has bearing in the dynamics of this situation. Clarify to her what line was crossed than be willing to hear her out. You don't have to agree with her actions, you can remain clear on that point. Sometimes though shutting someone out without seeing/listening to their reasonings maybe a lost opportunity to grow and stand supportively.

If you are trying to keep him from knowing things, which I understand if you are, then you will now have to not tell her anything or she will just use that info to get next to him -- and he's using her to get info on you. Cut them both off.

I am struggling because I have a girlfriend who has been very kind to me at difficult points in my life. However I got into a stressful relationship about a year ago. She loved my boyfriend. But he got aggressive. I told her at times that I was worried about him and his tone.

She met him all of about 4 times. She's known me for about 2 years. Anyway, I confided in her and told her I had a miscarriage and that we had broken up. I told her I was trying to disappear. She said she would try to get together with me.

I found out that he texted...asking where I was. She told him she didn't know where I was (truth) but told him that I told her about miscarriage!!!!

I don't I know what to do. Am I wrong for never wanting to talk to her again???

I would need to know more about the context.

My first reaction is that he contacted her wanting to know where you were and how to contact you. Maybe she was just trying to offer her condolences, like "I'm aware of the miscarriage and I'm really sorry about it for both of you." It's possible she had no bad intentions. She might not be one to trust with your most sensitive secrets in the future, but that doesn't mean she intentionally betrayed you.

• Like 1