Friendly or flirty?

isabellemarss

isabellemarss

Not sure if this is in the right place, but I know this guy in my university. We're on good terms with each other since we have positions in the same organization, but we're not really close friends.

We started working together so we exchange messages every now and then. He likes to use wink and kissy-face smileys when he's reminding or informing me about work-related stuff. I don't do that in return.

When I ran into him recently with mutual friends and said hello, he winked at me twice. I was a bit surprised since that was the first time he did that since we became acquainted with each other a year ago, so I had no reaction except to continue smiling.

So the reason why I want to know is that I've always been very dense with guys and I just want to know what his behavior means. I don't like him that way btw.

Men only wink at women they are flirting with. There are tons of other ways to be platonically friendly that don't involve winking either in person or using emoticons.

I don't know. Winking has a teasing quality about it, like a pat on the head. I would say if he's giving you more attention than the situation warrants, though, he is probably at least a little interested. Why do I say this? Because he's a guy.

• Like 1