Starting to feel friendship is tainting me...

juststarry6443

juststarry6443

The other day we went hiking 3 of my cousins came along. My friend and 2 of my cousins went a different direction because they didnt want to hike the stairs. Once we finally met up they told us about their little mini "adventure" & how fun it was. She was like Who doesn't have fun with me? I sarcastically responded nah you're boring af. She didn't notice tht sarcasm & said shut up I'm fun. I'm way more fun than you. &tht sincerely hurt me because for one she is my one & only closest friend. I just ended my 4 year long relationship a week ago. & I've been the one taking my 2 cousins out during their summer & seeing them come back having more fun than they have had with me sincerely hurt me.

At the moment, I'm depressed & insecure. I hardly have friends, no one to vent to & I'm just trying so hard to be more "fun", outgoing, & outspoken tht I'm starting to become easily influenced by my friends reckless actions. The everyday drinking & going out.

avintagegirl
The other day we went hiking 3 of my cousins came along. My friend and 2 of my cousins went a different direction because they didnt want to hike the stairs. Once we finally met up they told us about their little mini "adventure" & how fun it was. She was like Who doesn't have fun with me? I sarcastically responded nah you're boring af. She didn't notice tht sarcasm & said shut up I'm fun. I'm way more fun than you. &tht sincerely hurt me because for one she is my one & only closest friend. I just ended my 4 year long relationship a week ago. & I've been the one taking my 2 cousins out during their summer & seeing them come back having more fun than they have had with me sincerely hurt me.

At the moment, I'm depressed & insecure. I hardly have friends, no one to vent to & I'm just trying so hard to be more "fun", outgoing, & outspoken tht I'm starting to become easily influenced by my friends reckless actions. The everyday drinking & going out.

Well of course you are feeling depressed an insecure, you are just out of a relationship! That is a natural way to feel. I think that right now all of your feelings are being worn on your sleeve.

Have you tried journaling your feelings? Letting it go on paper is much better than engaging in reckless activities that could have all kinds of consequences.

If you don't want to drink or go out - that is ok. You have to take care of you right now. It doesn't make you boring or not any fun. It makes you different from the rest- independent. Besides you never know, someone might follow YOUR lead!

Also, drinking everyday is probably not a good plan for the long term. It sounds like you need to have something to focus your mind and your hands. Why not try a crafty DIY project or take up a class?