My friend acts out when she is single

AriesGirl803

AriesGirl803

I honestly think I am done with this friendship, just not sure how to sever it. If you view my other most recent thread you'll see I had quite the situation last weekend with a "friend" of mine. I decided to distance myself from her for a while and definitely not hit up the bars with her anymore. I've had some other pretty major issues with her in the past, one of which also centered around going out and drinking.

I've noticed before and have just been reminded recently that whenever she is single (recently single now) she just acts out, going to the bars getting drunk all the time and becomes very go-go-go. This time I'm noticing she's just more about the attention too, like perhaps she's treating me a certain way because I now a "threat" since she is single--the whole jealousy thing I guess.

I made the mistake of just getting dinner with her last night, I know I knowwww. But I figured just grabbing some food wouldn't hurt. Well she acted like a total bitch. Not in a direct way, more of a catty hehe I'm just being funny but a bitch" way. It's just weird because I haven't noticed this kind of behavior at all until recently. She can def be the "mean girl" type but usually not towards me.

I don't really want anything to do with her anymore at this point. But we are pretty close, we text all the time and talk about everything. Also, there's no talking to her about this. If she's angry she can act psycho and I really don't see her being understanding at all. Trust me I know her well enough. So I want to avoid drama and confrontation or any psycho backlash. How do I do this?

I don't feel that I can just cut her off. I can see some psychoticness coming from that. Or should I just ease up for now and give myself time to regroup? I'm pretty fed up though. To the point I may snap if this continues..

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Spacing

You don't have a problem here. All you have to do is tell her you're busy if she invites you anyplace. You're choosing to text her all the time. You're choosing to see her. If you can't find any redeeming quality in her that makes her of any use to you as a friend, then by all means, just start telling her you're busy and gradually stop returning any messages until she realizes you're fading away.

• Like 1

You don't have need a big speech saying you aren't here friend. Just be busy and have a headache when she suggests going out. Or only be with her in a group if you really feel you must.

Life is too short to waste time on such bitchy friends. Hopefully if all other friends cut back, she might do some self examination.

Mrs T

• Author
AriesGirl803

She tried to get me to meet her out tonight, to which I declined because I had previous plans and was just tired. She acted pretty bratty about it. Go figure.

I think you guys are right. I'm gonna cut back on texts and completely avoid hanging out with her. Needing to save money is a great excuse ;) I just don't want anything with the texts or whatever to be too obvious.

Also, I just have a feeling that the whole situation with the server is not over. She'll be back for sure, I definitely won't. But who knows what kind of stunt she'll pull then....