Friend wants to be friendly only

Hi yesterday me him ,and the school counselor met together. First the counselor met with me to tell me the change that next school year he only wants to be friendly ,not build a friendship up anymore :( I had a hard time adjusting to this ,I (basically) have autism but not totally. it took me about 2 hours to calm down. The counselor says he wants to meet together and tell me this. So we met and the counselor asked us where we wants to go with this ,Then he asked him before me and he says friendly I guess ,and then she asked me ,which I was scared to answered I friendly i guess too,i wanted to be friends but the words could not come out. Then the counselor explains what friendly is. So he told me what he wanted ,like i cannot walk to classes anymore ,or sit with him. so i was a very upset ,and the counselor help me express my feelings. Then after a while ,he had to tell me what he thinks of me and he says your cool ,a nice person and its fun getting to know you a little. i had a little smile on my face and then a while later he changed his mind ,he says i could sit with him mon ,and fri at school and still walk him to class. Then he put his arms out and we gave a hug. So then he left and the counselor talked to me and says i think he felt bad and it was nice of him to do that. Then later that day ,i was walking to the bus and he ran to me and we walked together. Btw we are both males. I am not sure i feel kind of guilty ,not sure what to do

He wouldn't have gone to the counselor if he wanted to keep things as they are. He didn't want to hurt your feelings, but he doesn't want to spend more and more time with you. This is pretty normal. There are always some people you want to hang out with and some you just want to say hi to and be friendly. You can't force it. He wants more space from you. You shouldn't make him walk you everywhere. Why not tell him just one day a week you'll walk.