Friend cut me off completely

Hi, first time post and I really hope someone can try and help me make sense of the mess in my head.

I am a guy and about 7 months ago and I started talking to a girl on a dating website. We really hit it off and got on great.

After meeting however, we agreed we would just be friends.

Over the last few months, we became really close....talking for hours at a time on the phone about pretty much everything.

It got to the stage we were both looking to each other for advice on potential relationships, dates with other people etc

I would be the first person she called if she was in trouble or if anything was on her mind (1am phone calls to say she was worried about this or that.......when her car broke down......if she was feeling down)

We hung out loads and agreed that our relationship was like having a brother / sister respectively and it was so great having that.

She kept telling me that I really understood her and she hoped I would always be in her life.

It got to the stage she would even start complaining to me about her friends she had know for years.

She started texting 'love you ' at end of texts and saying it over the phone but that was just because we were good friends.

Anyway....a few weeks back, she said she was going to a friends charity event and asked if I wanted to come along.

I decided to drive for convenience as I knew she and her friends would be drinking (besides, I was working following day)

After the event, we decided to go on to a club. We were sitting in the car and I asked who else was coming.......She ignored me 3 times.

When I asked if she was listening to me, she simply said 'nope'

I confronted her about it later on and we had a small fall out.

When I dropped her and her friends of later, we cleared the air and she was sitting with her head on my arm the whole drive back to hers.

When I called the following day, she started becoming really abusive and saying I was a pest, what was I thinking by saying what I said, did what I did?

I was firm and told her she was blowing it out of all proportion.

She hung up the phone and that was that.

A few hours later, I text saying to give me a call......nothing.

I try calling the following day and she has blocked my number.

I waited a week and wrote her a letter.....Her friend then txt me saying that she wants nothing to do with a 'desparate loser'

I am absolutley gutted!!!

She has went from saying I am one of the most important people in her life to cutting me off completely.

It honestly felt like someone has died. I know it was only 7 months we had know each other but when you connect with someone and they tell you the same, it's heartbreaking when they just cut you off!!

I still can't understand why and I don't know if I ever will.

Can't stop thinking about her......:(

Edited by Calbu23
  • Like 2

She's a psycho.

I do know exactly how you feel. I recently had a friend of 40 years pull a 180 on me & scream at me that I was rotten to her when I was going out of my way doing her favors. The nasty vile things she said to and about me are unfathomable.

Some people you are just better off with them out of your life. You will still be upset by their departure . . . I am still sad & in disbelief . . .but my logical side knows I can't be friends with somebody who would treat me so shabbily.

Granted my situation involved a much longer, much deeper relationship but the principles are still the same.

• Like 7

I know how you feel, having real connection with people is not something that just happen nowadays, and to be completely cut off, can be heartbreaking, especially when you don't even know, what happen and how things got like that.

i can only advice you to try and move on, even tho it's difficult.

you should try and look for something that would take your mind off her completely.

hope you feel better.

Monalisa

Be so thankful you never date this nut bag.

It happens to the best of us. I had a friend of 5 year scream and cut me of because we disagree over a newspaper article, I thought it was utterly ridiculous but actually friendships aren't worth much these days. Don't try and figure out what happened, once the other person decides you're vile and trash talks you its not worth the headache.

It's a strange world we live in.