Deleted close friend on facebook

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/platonic/friendship/524265-friend-gone-boy-crazed

So after all of that^, she continues to uninvite me to anything so i deleted my friend on facebook because i just got so angry and didnt want to deal with it. I have new friends at uni that treat me a tonne better than she ever did, so why did i put up with it. After all she doesn't talk to me and i dont see her anymore, who would notice is i just pressed the delete button?

She noticed.

She tried to meet up with me and i just didn't reply because i was just filled with anger and didnt want her to hear how angry i was, so she could just go away. Shes been trying to meet up with me without me knowing by getting my other friends to do it. I dont trust her, i can tell she just want to be friends with me because she wants to be popular. I cannot deal with someone who is just using me for popularity or for friends. She that one girl in the group who takes a whole bunch of photos to show everyone how much "fun" were having whereas im the type to live in the moment and not care about what other people think.

I just feel really bad for her, i think she needs closure. She messaged me saying "i hoped we could settle this like adults but obviously not". I have written a page explaining why we cant be friends and just how shes been a terrible person to me, but i cant bring myself to send it. I just sound scary in it and its so unlike me. I just want to yell at her for all the times she treated me badly and all the other times boys were way more important than me. How her definition of "friend" does not fit mine. I cant be friends with her again, i just cant. Shes lost all of her other friend by treating them like **** as well...

Im just at war, should i let her not know my true feelings or should i send her my angry message about how much i cannot tolerate her behavior anymore.

That old friend of yours has a lot of issues. You don't owe her anything. Her copying you and trying to take your place and using you to try to be popular is just toxic. No one needs someone around like that. The problem is she's unsure of her own identity. She needs to go find it and grow up. She may never do it though.

You do not owe her any explanation. She knows full well what all she has been doing to try to make you look bad and to try to leech friends and guys from you and trying to compete with you. She is just trying to worm her way back in so she can keep using and imitating you. Her coming to your house and then not acknowledging you is reason alone to never speak to her again. How rude! Really it just underscores that she doesn't care about you expect for her own gain.

So block her on everything so she can't keep copying you and so she doesn't know who you're seeing because she will just go after them. No one needs this type of crap in their life. Stop feeling bad about it. She doesn't deserve any sympathy.

• Like 2

I'm a proponent of face to face conversations. I recently had a 40 yer friendship end with her sending me some nasty e-mails, texts & a FB message before she blocked me. The only response I got in before she went dark was "I won't fight with you via text. Pick up the phone & talk to me like a mature adult". The abruptness of her disappearing act is very painful but I can't do anything about it & I know a letter won't fix anything so I never sent one.

People do nutty things. Your former friend has her reasons but I think you are right that your decision to walk away has made her want you back because she wants to be seen as popular. I would continue to avoid her.

• Like 3

Sometimes people just invite themselves into your life, but nobody has the right to be there without an invitation.

Some people think they have that right, though.

Eject.

• Like 1

in an adult way? this is a put-down, as unless you agree, hey presto, you are immature, she has already messed up in saying that, no friend she

just tell her you are busy, move the ground-rules, she is just a whinging whiner, see that? do not let her bother you, she is just a nag, be busy

this is the real adult way, 62 y o just broke free of similar, how they try to reel you in, nagging etc., should make you shrug, not capitulate, send the letter, but i doubt whether she will like it, just do not prioritise her ever

Edited by darkmoon