Did I make a mistake here?

purplesoccer34

purplesoccer34

My friend at work is moving out of the country tomorrow. She's become a good friend to me, but not a best friend or anything. She threw a party on Friday, inviting some of her friends at work, including me. On Wednesday, she told me about it, and I said I'd be there. She asked me again on Thursday just to confirm, and I said I'd be there. She said, "Cool, I'll call you on Friday with the exact location of the place." The problem was that Friday came along, and I never got a call or text, so I just assumed it wasn't happening. But it turns out that indeed, everybody went to the party, and there were pictures all over facebook.

I think I made a mistake by not calling her on Friday myself to ask her the location. Perhaps then she would've told me and I could've gone. What do you think? But it's weird that she may have called/texted everyone else and not me. This has never really happened before--I hang out with my work friends all the time outside of work. I'm feeling especially bad because I won't get to see her at work anymore. I definitely should've at least asked to see if the party was still taking place.

Edited by purplesoccer34

Eh, yeah you probably should have called her.

But I don't think you're the one who made the mistake. She said she'd call and she didn't. It's her mistake.

I'm sure she just had a lot going on that day and it slipped her mind that she was supposed to let you know where to go. I hope there are no hard feelings on either side.

• Like 2
La.Primavera

There is no harm in contacting her to say sorry that you missed the party but you thought she was going to let you know the venue on Friday, and wish her all the best for her move.

• Author
purplesoccer34
There is no harm in contacting her to say sorry that you missed the party but you thought she was going to let you know the venue on Friday, and wish her all the best for her move.

This is exactly what I did--I thought I sent a pretty heartfelt message too. It's been a few days, but she didn't reply. I can't think of anything I did to upset her, but I guess there's not much I can do now :(

La.Primavera

Chances are she is so preoccupied with her move that she doesn't want to be bothered clearing up a misunderstanding knowing she knows she was in the wrong. It is more convenient to just ignore it.

You did the right thing though. Your conscience is clear.

• Like 2