Best friend blocked me

So this might be a long story, but here it goes.

I met this girl through a very good friend of mine. Within a couple months, we became very close friends. Skyping most nights, talking about personal issues, seeing eachother at least once or twice a week, going to eachother's houses, etc. Naturally, I developed feelings for this girl. We're just so alike and I love her personality.

The problem is that I'm a 20 year old male, and she's a 15 year old female who's confused about her sexuality. Now, before people jump on me and call me weird, I must tell you that her being underage DOES NOT make me more attracted to her. She's mature for her age, and since a lot of my friends are 18, it makes sense that I'd be introduced to her at some point. I like her for who she is, aside from her age.

Anyway. The other night, we went to this club. We had a great day going to the cinema, hanging out at mine, and this club was the last stop of the night. Regrettably, I got very drunk and made her a little uncomfortable. I ended up leaving early, and I later found out that my other friends had all told her that I'm "in love" with her.

Anyway, the next day, we spoke a little about the night, but she just kind of ignored me. I wasn't aware of what happened that night until yesterday. This morning, I got messages from her telling me that she's angry, I ruined her chance at making decent friends, that I should seek therapy or should be locked up, etc. She really wasn't happy. I ended up calling her and explaining everything, that I didn't want to mess up our friendship, and that someone else had told her when I didn't want to say anything until she was 16 at least, and I apologised profusely. She didn't have any of it, swore at me and blocked me on Facebook.

So now, I ask you, what do I do? I mean, I can't do anything because she's blocked me, but I just want my old friendship with this girl back :/ We got along great, we were eachother's best friends, and now she seemingly hates me.

Leave her alone.

I know the age disparity isn't much, but man, it still is weird that a college-age "man" is best friends with a female in high school.

The best thing that could happen to you is that she never talks to you again. Let it be.

stillafool

How can she be your best friend in such a short period of time? Yes, leave her alone, she is creeped out by you and seek women 18 and older.

The friendship is strange and creepy. You make her uncomfortable. Taking a 15 yr to a club and you got drunk - sheesh. Leave her alone or you will find yourself in big trouble, maybe even get yourself arrested. Move on.

Edited by applej4
  • Author
Taking a 15 yr to a club and you got drunk - sheesh

Just to clarify, there were other mutual friends with us. It was her idea to go, it was like a cosplay, nerdy night at this club which was 15+. I take full responsibility for drinking, however.

Frank2thepoint

There's nothing you can do. You got drunk and made an a$$ out of yourself. Be the adult and leave her alone. Don't contact her again. If she decides to contact you down the road, that's great, but don't hold your breath.

Just to clarify, there were other mutual friends with us. It was her idea to go, it was like a cosplay, nerdy night at this club which was 15+. I take full responsibility for drinking, however.

So it was the idea of the 15 yr old and the 20 yr old just had to go along with it??!! How does the mother& father of this 15 yr old girl feel about her having a best friend who is a 20 yr old man?? Read carefully:~~> LEAVE HER ALONE.

So this might be a long story, but here it goes.

I met this girl through a very good friend of mine. Within a couple months, we became very close friends. Skyping most nights, talking about personal issues, seeing eachother at least once or twice a week, going to eachother's houses, etc. Naturally, I developed feelings for this girl. We're just so alike and I love her personality.

The problem is that I'm a 20 year old male, and she's a 15 year old female who's confused about her sexuality. Now, before people jump on me and call me weird, I must tell you that her being underage DOES NOT make me more attracted to her. She's mature for her age, and since a lot of my friends are 18, it makes sense that I'd be introduced to her at some point. I like her for who she is, aside from her age.

Anyway. The other night, we went to this club. We had a great day going to the cinema, hanging out at mine, and this club was the last stop of the night. Regrettably, I got very drunk and made her a little uncomfortable. I ended up leaving early, and I later found out that my other friends had all told her that I'm "in love" with her.

Anyway, the next day, we spoke a little about the night, but she just kind of ignored me. I wasn't aware of what happened that night until yesterday. This morning, I got messages from her telling me that she's angry, I ruined her chance at making decent friends, that I should seek therapy or should be locked up, etc. She really wasn't happy. I ended up calling her and explaining everything, that I didn't want to mess up our friendship, and that someone else had told her when I didn't want to say anything until she was 16 at least, and I apologised profusely. She didn't have any of it, swore at me and blocked me on Facebook.

So now, I ask you, what do I do? I mean, I can't do anything because she's blocked me, but I just want my old friendship with this girl back :/ We got along great, we were eachother's best friends, and now she seemingly hates me.

Find older friends. Seriously, you're in dangerous territory here.

Something guys don't seem to understand is that when you present yourself as a friend and worm your way into a girl's world that way, they believe you are just friends and they say and do things and tell you about personal things they'd never tell you if they thought you were wanting more than friendship. So it instantly feels like a violation when you find out a guy has only been pretending to be just a friend, and yes, that makes women of all ages mad.

Go away. Find someone on your own age level to pursue. She's too young to deal with it.

• Like 3
TrevorDia

Taking a 15 year old to a club - even a nerdy club - and getting drunk in front of her, is a big problem.

You haven't once denied having "feelings" for her - and if these extend beyond platonic feelings and into sexual feelings, then there is a big problem - because she's 15, man.

But if it was purely platonic friendship, and you're worried she'll never speak to you again - don't worry - I've had more female friends than I can count tell me they'll never speak to me again, but friendships prevail over even large arguments.

Think about the reverse situation this way - you pursue her, and she gets annoyed by it - she tells her parents, and they decide to report you to the cops for stalking their underage daughter. Then you've got a BIG problem, and here in the UK, someone like me could end up putting you behind bars for between 6 months and 5 years, and maybe even signing a register.

Stay on the safe side.