My long distance friend.

Hey,

So I've got this long distance friend. She's a girl. And we used to be super close actually. I have my real friends with whom I'm just friends with. And her, a girl to who I could tell anything to, my problems and stuff. Like I can't tell those to my guy friends they'll laugh at me xD. I've got an amazing girlfriend. Really amazing. I love her incredibly much and eventually she got a bit jealouse of my long distance friend. Let's call the long distance friend "Donna" shall we?

Donna recently told me that she was really hurt when I fell in love with my gf. She said that she lost a friend to who she could tell anything to. She had to let me go and it was difficult for her. When my gf got jealouse we agreed to talk less. My gf would never want us to stop being friends and in all honesty, my gf is closer with an irl guyfriend than me and Donna but okay so be it. Never agreed but Donna wanted it herself. She cried when we had to take another step down.

In the time that me and Donna were "best friends" she was single. She just broke up with an ex that she had been with for 4 years. She got back together when we weren't that close anymore. She told me that maybe I was the reason that she got back with her ex. Because I "traded" her for my GF. It made her see that only her current bf ( ex when we were "best friends" ) would truly stay for her and fully accept her.

Also her BF is super jealouse of me and even had nightmares of me. He actually blocked me a few times from her phone, and as a revenge she blocked her bf. He basically demanded that she would never talk to me. However she still talks to me, shares her secrets and yup even kinda tells me about their "intimacy".

She is coming to my country soon. She doesn't wanna meet me however because her vocal English isn't so good. At least.. That's one of the reasons. Today she told me that it's also because she's shy to meet me in person, but I shouldn't tell my gf this.

Beside this she also send me some pictures of her legs accedentically. But multiple times actually.. Furthermore she told me multiple times that I'm 10/10 looking . This was before I had my gf though.

Even though I really appreciate this girl and do trust her. Do you guys think that she may have a crush on me or something? My gf sure things she has a crush on me . And me.. Well.. Crazy enough I don't think she has a crush on me. What do you guys think? Pls remember that these are only the situations that do make me doubt about her feelings for me, but there are many other situations that indicate that she doesn't like me. My gf however says that she's just covering up.

Honeybunnies

How old are you?

This is too much drama for people who haven't even met in person. While it's ok to have friends of the opposite sex, both you and Donna are disrespecting your relationships by sharing secrets, intimacy stories, etc.

it seems like you and Donna love attention. What does Donna provide for you that your gf does not? Donna does not have the right to say "she has been replaced" because you two were NEVER an item. Your attention should go to your gf, and Donna's attention should go to her bf (she might not even have one - she could be lying to make you jealous).

Your gf has every right to think this relationship between you and Donna is inappropriate because it isn't even a relationship! You two have never met!

You need to limit your contact with Donna (or cut it off completely) - and if she complains, which she will, remind her you have a girlfriend.

If you have any feelings at all for Donna, do your gf a favor and let her find someone who will give her attention instead of someone in a different country.

Honeybunnies

Also, I don't understand how she could "accidentally" send you pictures multiple times? On phones, you have to go through a photo album or at least take the picture on the spot and click "send photo."

Happens once? Sure ok. More than that? Attention seeker and totally doing it on purpose.

whichwayisup

You need to tell Donna that you two are just platonic friends, no romantic feelings, no lines being crossed, no flirting/sending sexy pictures. I think she has feelings for you and it would be wise NOT to meet her face to face. You only "know" her online, so who knows what her personality is like when she gets upset, mad, hurt etc..etc... Gently let her know that IF you two are to meet, your gf will be there as well. No way should you hide it from your gf, that's sneaky and wrong.

She is jealous of the time you are spending with your gf instead of talking to her online.

• Author

Both me and my gf are 20 years old. Donna is 21 years old.

First of all I want to say that I'm super open to my gf. She literally knows everything between me and Donna. Also she's the only one sharing intimacy stories, I don't do that. However she isn't flirty or naughty at all. And her intimacy isn't much anyways.

I do agree that sending multiple pictures of her legs by accident is very hard to believe. I've limit our contact twice now. We don't talk daily anymore and it isn't rare if we don't talk for a week anymore, we did this for my gf.

Yes we are kinda close for online friends, but that's because she's the first person I could open up to. I have zero feelings for Donna though, I legit love my gf so much that I want to marry her. My gf knows this and she doesn't have trust issues with me at all. However she doesn't trust Donna and thinks that if I would want to meet her and get into a ldr with her that Donna would leave her BF for me any day.

I did tell Donna that we will never get together. I've met her because I want to study in her country someday and she could tell me more about it. This website where you can meet people who also want to study abroad, live abroad or travel abroad is where we met. The reason why we kept talking is because I was the only guy that she met online so far who hasn't tried to get her to do naughty stuff. Back then, before I was together with my gf I already told her that I'm not here to flirt or get into a relationship .

Edited by Abjar12