i think i pushed her away

foxgordon

im in love with my friend. she knows it and we dated for a bit but she said that it wouldnt lead to anywhere because she wants to travel the world and i dont. which is true

she went to oklahoma for a job interview monday. i got drunk friday and told her i hope she moved down there. she said why and i said i dont know i just hope you do. she said my opinon wouldnt affect her decision and got snotty which i understood

i then told her the next morning after i sobered up that i just feel like she would regret taking the opportunity to move down there. she said she didnt think i would know what she would regret

then i said it was just my opinion and she said i didnt ask for your opinion

she said today that she wasnt moving down there

i told her im glad shes staying

she said ..thats a change of heart since you wanted me gone

i said ..i didnt truly want you gone. i was excited for you and happy for the chance you were getting but i truly wanted you to stay. i hope you understand

she said yea i do

do you think i pushed her away?

Not sure you can push her any further away. She's already said she's not going to be your girlfriend anyway. Honestly, I'm sure traveling the world isn't the only thing keeping her from being with you. It was just a nice way of telling you it's over. Now you're just being spiteful with her out of resentment. You probably need her to move away and just go no contact and move on. Good luck.

Frank2thepoint

No I don't think you pushed her away, nor do I think you were being spiteful. You communicated to her that you are happy for her opportunity, but also was honest to admit that you really didn't want her to go because you have feelings for her. From what I can tell, you are being supportive of her goal. Concerning her reaction, she was surprised that you were supportive of her goal, and got snippy with you maybe because she was expecting you to be a needy guy so she can keep pushing you away. The way you positively handled the situation knocked her a bit off balance, and she's acting immature.

It's great you are comfortable with expressing your feelings for her, and also understand the old adage "if you love something, let it go". Just be her friend and continue being supportive. But don't sit around pining for her since she already told you she's not interested in a relationship. Let her go as a romantic prospect and find someone that does want a relationship.

Also, based on her behavior, there is a chance that once you do move on from her, she will try to get that attention back from you. Don't give in.