Friend always escalates disagreements in into arguments

justacollegekid

justacollegekid

Basically, this friend gets really argumentative for no reason over the dumbest stuff ever that has no right or wrong answer and its getting to the point where I hate even talking to her. For example, I remember once we got into an argument because she was telling me about how one of her friends is getting married to her boyfriend. So I was like, oh she got engaged? And then she was like no, he will propose to her when they graduate. So then I said something like, oooh so they aren't for sure getting married then. And for some reason that set her off and she went on a tirade about how her friend knows for sure she is getting married because she is in love and they talked about it, and then I got annoyed because she was raising her voice and getting all angry for something that makes no sense, so I was like if she isn't engaged or getting engaged for at least another two years and doesn't have a wedding date, then she isn't for sure getting married. Then she got angry and started insulting me and was like "you know nothing, you've never been in love" and I got annoyed because now its getting personal haha. I was like i've had a boyfriend before I know what its like more than her because she has never even had a boyfriend before. That made her really angry and she started insulting my relationship, and I was like okay we are done and I walked away and cut her off. She was angry and refused to talk to me until I was the one who acted normal like nothing happened.

I am at wits end with her right now. I don't know how to handle her when she does this. I also feel really annoyed because she really does take it to far yet she never apologizes and I always have to be the one to act normal first for her to act normal again. Is there a better way to handle her without always having to concede?

Also what do you think about the marriage argument lollolol. jk it literally makes no sense and doesn't matter.

Edited by justacollegekid