she doesnt understand our friendship may end

my friend is moving out of state by the end of the year for a job. weve been friends for a while and we dated for a bit but realized it was oging nowhere

it just hit me that shes moving and that we would probably not see each other much more so i texted her telling her id like to hang out a smuch as possible before she leaves

she thinks somehting is up but i told her nothing is, i just wanna hang out and have fun before she leaves

she doesnt understand why im acting like our friendship will be over

did i come off as needy?

Penguin_hugs

You did come across as a bit needy in my opinion.

Yes you may not see each other as often- but that doesn't mean you won't still be friends.

The best friendships are those in which life changes and you may not see each other as much- but when you do, you can jump right back in and continue a conversation you had 6 months previously and nothing has changed between you.

My home friends now live all over the place after Uni- but we are all still here for each other- more so than the people I see every day.

She's probably nervous about moving- and you acting like you will never see her again probably made her more nervous that she might lose her friends when she moves.

Just be her friend- regardless of where she lives

• Author

i didnt try to come across as needy, i just dont see us seeing each other as much and think we might lose contact

Why do you think you will lose contact? It just takes more of an effort. This week alone I talked to friends in 7 different states & I will see 4 of them within the next month. There are tons of ways to keep in touch

my friend is moving out of state by the end of the year for a job. weve been friends for a while and we dated for a bit but realized it was oging nowhere

it just hit me that shes moving and that we would probably not see each other much more so i texted her telling her id like to hang out a smuch as possible before she leaves

she thinks somehting is up but i told her nothing is, i just wanna hang out and have fun before she leaves

she doesnt understand why im acting like our friendship will be over

did i come off as needy?

I think she suspects that you like her more than she likes you.

Penguin_hugs
i didnt try to come across as needy, i just dont see us seeing each other as much and think we might lose contact

It just takes a little more effort- but when you do make the effort it seems to make the friendship stronger- simply because you aren't taking them for granted and seeing them all the time. It's just like a LDR- it doesn't mean you lose the relationship- you just have to work harder and appreciate the time you do have more

Penguin_hugs

Also this is the age of technology!

Keeping in contact is so easy- FB, texting, Whatsapp, SnapChat- take your pick!

Just today I had some work help from a friend 200 miles away, I had a text from a friend 70 miles away- just because she thought of something we would both find funny, I've used texting and whatsapp to contact my boyfriend throughout the day and he's 80 miles away (we do LDR) and we can spend a month without seeing eachother- plus this evening we will skype.

All these people are the closest to me personally- yet the furthest in distance.

whichwayisup
It just takes a little more effort- but when you do make the effort it seems to make the friendship stronger- simply because you aren't taking them for granted and seeing them all the time. It's just like a LDR- it doesn't mean you lose the relationship- you just have to work harder and appreciate the time you do have more

Exactly. My best friend moved out of Canada many years ago, she rarely comes home, maybe once every 3 years or so. We speak 2 times a week and text as well. We are very close, maybe closer on some level because we both continually make the effort.

• Like 1

Honestly, I think you're in love with her and she's not in love with you and that putting distance between you may give you a chance to get over her. If she still wants to keep the friendship, there are many ways to do it, texting, skype, etc. But since you seen more invested, you should think about using this time to find someone new to love.

• Author
Honestly, I think you're in love with her and she's not in love with you and that putting distance between you may give you a chance to get over her. If she still wants to keep the friendship, there are many ways to do it, texting, skype, etc. But since you seen more invested, you should think about using this time to find someone new to love.

interesting take

susanpetrick

Hey! Yes, it is a bit needy my friend! You just let the situation go in the way they are supposed to. You can plan to go to her city and than hang out.