One of my friends and I are planning a trip to Europe this summer but she's bringing

So my friend and I are planning a trip to Europe and she's bring her boyfriend. I'm okay with it because we're all good friends, but she thinks i'm bringing my boyfriend too, and i'm not. I want to go on trip without my boyfriend... i really want to go on an all girls trip, and plus my boyfriend doesn't have enough money go to Europe and i can't pay for him. So how do i let her know that my boyfriend won't be coming? I don't want her to feel awkward now, like i'm going to be a 3rd wheel or something, ya know? Your comments will be appreciated. thanks.

fyi -- I didn't specify that i wanted this trip to be an all girls trip so i guess she just assumed that my boyfriend was coming too.

runredlights
So my friend and I are planning a trip to Europe and she's bring her boyfriend. I'm okay with it because we're all good friends, but she thinks i'm bringing my boyfriend too, and i'm not. I want to go on trip without my boyfriend... i really want to go on an all girls trip, and plus my boyfriend doesn't have enough money go to Europe and i can't pay for him. So how do i let her know that my boyfriend won't be coming? I don't want her to feel awkward now, like i'm going to be a 3rd wheel or something, ya know? Your comments will be appreciated. thanks.

fyi -- I didn't specify that i wanted this trip to be an all girls trip so i guess she just assumed that my boyfriend was coming too.

First of all, why don't you want your boyfriend to come? That seems suspicious. You should just tell your friend that you aren't bringing him as far as that is concerned. And you won't really be third wheeling. You'll just have a flat tire since your'e not single. You can enjoy the company of both of them right?

When you initially planned this trip was it just the two of you? If so, I'd be pretty peeved that she suddenly added her boyfriend to the numbers. I can understand why you'd want an all-girls trip... You need to speak to her sooner rather than later, especially if you planned for it to be the two of you.

• Like 1

Since she sprung this on you, you shouldn't care whether she feels awkward that she just made you the third wheel or not.

And every couple needs some space apart. Enjoy it.

• Like 1
WhiteOrchid

You simply need to sit her down and communicate exactly what you said here to her - ASAP. She will feel a lot more "awkward" when she realizes you never were planning on bringing your boyfriend from the beginning and you didn't tell her. A European vacation costs a lot of money, and as part of the planning, you two need to be on the same page with expectations.

Tell her your boyfriend isn't going and why (not having the money is a very valid reason), and mention that you had thought this was going to be an all-girls trip. This issue needs to be cleared up before you put any more money into this.

As the others have said, sit her down and tell her. I'd also recommend that you work on the itinerary together and plan some time apart during the trip. Some times where you go off and do your thing, and they can enjoy some couple time.

Travelling is a fantastic adventure. And doing it on your own at times is really liberating and inspires personal growth.

Have a fabulous time!