Ex invited to the same party

littlesister1234

littlesister1234

I was invited to a friend's party. The thing is, my ex is also invited, since this is a mutual friend. I'm wondering if it's a good idea to go. I know that he is for sure going, and I don't really want to miss out on my friend's party. Should I just go anyway and just enjoy the party?

It depends. If you can go have a good time & not be bothered by your EX's presence, by all means, go. If the EX's presence is going to ruin your good time, can you make an appearance & leave early?

Personally unless I was fully over the EX I would simply stay away & celebrate with the birthday friend another way.

• Author
littlesister1234

That was my idea. Maybe stay for one beer then go home. Luckily my ex and I aren't the type to make a scene at a birthday party, but I would be uncomfortable watching him flirt with other girls.

• Like 1

It'd be nice if you could take someone with you who would stay with you and keep you really focused on talking to them.

I had to learn to deal with with ex-bfs because of business and because we were in the same crowd. It was hard. Probably easier not to see him.

whichwayisup
I was invited to a friend's party. The thing is, my ex is also invited, since this is a mutual friend. I'm wondering if it's a good idea to go. I know that he is for sure going, and I don't really want to miss out on my friend's party. Should I just go anyway and just enjoy the party?

How recent is this ex? Weeks? Months? If you feel seeing your ex will set you back in your recovery and healing, then don't go. But, if this is just a case where you're gonna feel weird about it and think it'll be awkward, GO anyway. You don't have to hang out or even speak to your ex. Other people will be there to talk to.

• Author
littlesister1234

Thanks everyone for the great advice. I think I am going to go, catch up for a while, and leave a little early.