Jealous of friends?

littlesister1234

littlesister1234

I'm just wondering if it's normal to feel jealousy with my friends. I'm almost 30 and still single. All my friends from high school and college are now married with children. I wanted that in my early 20's and I know it's stupid to think because I am young and there is still time to find someone and still have kids, but as I am getting older, it is getting harder for me to find a meaningful relationship (esp. since I moved out of country.) I have this horrible feeling that I will end up alone (stupid I know, may just be my jealousy and desperation thinking.) Has anyone had this feeling before?

Jealousy is normal, but you can't let it show and you can't let it make you be a bad friend to people. If you feel like you can't control your jealousy then distance yourself and work on yourself so that you get what you want. If you can control it then thats perfectly fine, just make sure to work on yourself as well.

• Like 1
  • Author
littlesister1234

Thank you. I have distanced myself a lot, since I moved out of country, lol. I just haven't been spending a lot of time on Facebook anymore since I got the jealousy feeling a lot, and would start crying at how lovely their families were and how alone I felt. I haven't let it show to anyone. And I do try to be happy for them, that my friends were fortunate enough to find their lifelong loves at a younger age.

Thank you. I have distanced myself a lot, since I moved out of country, lol. I just haven't been spending a lot of time on Facebook anymore since I got the jealousy feeling a lot, and would start crying at how lovely their families were and how alone I felt. I haven't let it show to anyone. And I do try to be happy for them, that my friends were fortunate enough to find their lifelong loves at a younger age.

and I'll bet you there's a part of them that wished they had the freedom to travel and live as you do. Most people don't show the dark side of their lives on Facebook. It's rare that they do over the age of 30. Everyone has their burden to bear in life due to the choices they made. In about 10 years, they may all be divorced, too while you have found the love of your life.

• Like 1
  • Author
littlesister1234

Thanks. I guess I never thought of it that way. I do have the freedom to travel and I know a lot of them wish they could travel once in a while. I sure hope they aren't divorced in 10 years. I may be jealous, but I wouldn't wish them any unhappiness.