Is it wrong to ask people if they're virgins?

beachlover965

It's certainly strange. It's not something I imagine people share with other people except for maybe their boyfriend/girlfriend, and often not even with them!

• Like 1

My close friends & I discussed it when we were all in our late teens. Mostly the discussions were about mechanics, respect, insecurity etc. The person who started the discussion was most often the virgin seeking advice. I think for most people I would be very put off if somebody who I wasn't planning to have sex with in the immediate future asked.

Then again as a middle aged married women, I would also Q the intelligence of anybody who asked me at this life stage :D

• Like 2

Then again as a middle aged married women, I would also Q the intelligence of anybody who asked me at this life stage :D

I don't even want to know what you and you're husband do in private. It's too much for my innocent virgin mind. ;)

• Like 1

It's a weird question to ask unless you're a teenager. Once you've hit a certain age you assume that everybody has had sex. To think that someone maybe didn't, and to ask them, is insulting.

• Like 2
i would never ask anyone, unless you were in an intimate relationship with them.

Exactly. Except for teenagers being mean I can't imagine any adult asking this question. They would come off as complete douchebags.

• Like 1

None of your business.

Do you ask how many times a day they have a bowel movement!?!?!

Some things should remain private.

None of your business.

Do you ask how many times a day they have a bowel movement!?!?!

Some things should remain private.

You'd be surprised at some of the things people share with their friends. In my experience if somebody hasn't had a girlfriend in a while (say years) and is a bit socially awkward people may start to question it in private. But only a jerk would ask someone to their face.

I remember how about four years ago when I talked to this one girl, she came out with "May I ask you a personal question" and then asked me if I was a virgin. I don't know exactly what made her ask me nor do I know how I implied it to her that I was one. It was embarrassing.

I don't really like it when people ask me. Its just uncomfortable. The only time i'm ok with it is if it is relevant to the conversation we are having and we are all talking about it.

If you don't mind me asking OP why are you so interested if whether or not your friends are virgins? I can understand asking a date or potential girlfriend but why friends?

fitnessfan365
If you don't mind me asking OP why are you so interested if whether or not your friends are virgins? I can understand asking a date or potential girlfriend but why friends?

I think you missed the OP's point.

He said that a girl asked him if he was a virgin and it made him feel uncomfortable. So i think he's asking if people feel that was wrong to do and in general.

I think you missed the OP's point.

He said that a girl asked him if he was a virgin and it made him feel uncomfortable. So i think he's asking if people feel that was wrong to do and in general.

That was never stated in this thread and the OP is a female.

Edited by anika99
added
purplesoccer34

I have only discussed this with my closest female friend, and that was back in high school and college. I would find it odd if anyone else asked me this question.

The OP hasn't responded to this thread. He/she also never gave the reason for asking the question.

Yeah I noticed.