I'm losing her.

ToastedHat

Tonight has been a very mixed bag for me.

I'm friends with this girl, we met in December of 2012 so realistically I've known her for about a little over two years, we had friends with benefits but without the sex (With the possibility to make it official, but I never pushed it as hard as I should of) But, for the past year or so we were just good friends.

Over time I met a girl I'll call Christina, long story short she caused a ton of fights between me and this girl, but we still managed to keep a friendship going, even after Christina cost her a relationship with some new guy.

Anyway this past September we both got rid of Christina and haven't heard from her since, but I could tell in the few weeks afterward she started to become less talkative, less direct, less.. well I don't know. I asked and I thought it was just a temporary thing seeing usually when she's down she'll be back to normal in a few days, didn't happen.

Next thing I know, recently she doesn't pop up to see how I am, from talking say as soon as we get up to bed I would just get a small message every say two days and we talk anywhere up to two hours, I tried pushing to get on better levels by being friendly and asking her how she is, etc, nope; It's at the point if I say to her "Hey! How are you doing? :) Just thought I'd pop up :)" she'd go "Yeah I'm fine thanks." literally every time.

So, then I noticed something else, I didn't talk to her for about a week earlier this month and she popped up saying "Hey! How's you? I missed talking to you :)" all friendly, responded back in the same manner, her response? "Haha aw good", then barely put any effort in any further conversation. Every time I ask if there's something up I get the same "Um nothing." stuff..

I highly doubt she'd want me to chaise her as I know she's not that type of girl, nor just doing small talk for like no reason.

Any ideas of what to do?

Ask her what's up. Could be in the process of losing Christine, Christine told her God knows what bullsh** OR truth and it put her off you. Also if she's got a real spine, she may have just stuck in there long enough to get rid of Christine and then dump you so you lose both because of all the grief it sounds like you and Christine caused her.

• Author
Ask her what's up. Could be in the process of losing Christine, Christine told her God knows what bullsh** OR truth and it put her off you. Also if she's got a real spine, she may have just stuck in there long enough to get rid of Christine and then dump you so you lose both because of all the grief it sounds like you and Christine caused her.

As much as I know I was never brought up an awful lot whenever both of them did talk, we do occasionally bring her up to laugh about how we're happy she's gone for screwing things up, but even so afterward she still considered me one of these really good guys even when we just started to drift, on one instance I did go to her and asked if there really was something up or she wasn't interested in being friends, she said that she was, but then things still dwindled.

I don't understand it. She does say that she does consider us good friends, that she doesn't want any issues or bad feelings because I am one of the only guys that hasn't done anything to spite her, but then why do I feel like I'm the only one putting in any effort for a friendship? I do want to ask her again if there is something up, depending on the next time we do talk, I can expect another "Sure" "Nah nothings wrong" response, she's never this cold.

• 2 weeks later...

She sounds like she has moved on, for now. If you were really close, she'll probably come back. Maybe she realises she has gotten too close to you and the whole thing with Christina damaged her trust in you and in herself, so she is trying to keep a distance.

Tell her you miss her, and wish you could have things go back to the way they were before.