Would you unfriend someone if....

musicalsteve82

musicalsteve82

If you never say a friend in real life anymore, but they kept interacting with you by text or messaging, would you still keep them on Facebook or unfriend them?

• Author
musicalsteve82
If you're still interacting with them then aren't they still your friend?

By my definition, yes, but I wonder how many agree....

I try not to bun bridges. Take a break and resume later. People can grow in such short times...both you and them. Plus time heals all wounds and little irks fade the fastest. No ned to do anything rash or final.

• Like 2

I'd leave them as a friend on fb. No reason to unfriend. If it upsets you that you never see the person, then let them know you'd like to spend more time together face to face.

• Like 2

I am going through that right now. I would maybe give it two years or so. I am calling my friend M tomorrow and leaving a message. I want resolution. We live within 10 minutes of each other. His business is 10 min from my condo. So there should be no problem. I think we both should be able to get together 3 to 5 times a year.

What you don't want it murkiness. I think that you should make the time to call your friend and get together with them and see how things are. IF they make excuses then take them off after two yrs or so. I think that friends need to be on a regular basis. At least 5 times a yr if you live in the same city. If you can't do that. then what is the point in being friends.

• Author
musicalsteve82
I am going through that right now. I would maybe give it two years or so. I am calling my friend M tomorrow and leaving a message. I want resolution. We live within 10 minutes of each other. His business is 10 min from my condo. So there should be no problem. I think we both should be able to get together 3 to 5 times a year.

What you don't want it murkiness. I think that you should make the time to call your friend and get together with them and see how things are. IF they make excuses then take them off after two yrs or so. I think that friends need to be on a regular basis. At least 5 times a yr if you live in the same city. If you can't do that. then what is the point in being friends.

And if they live 500 miles away but you had a long history?

I see no reason to unfriend. I've gone through something similar with a friend before. It was always me trying to initiate going out and doing something. After about 5 "No, I'm too busy" I finally stopped initiating. In my case it has been 5 months and despite my previous attempts to get together, she has yet to approach me. Honestly, I'd give it time.

I have friends that go 35 years back and maybe only speak to them a few times a year. It's never been an issue and I will always consider them friends.

• Like 1
And if they live 500 miles away but you had a long history?

You'll see them less, but I don't understand why you'd "unfriend" them. You can't expect them to always be around when you have distance between you. New friends in your area can be made in addition to keeping the old ones.

If you never say a friend in real life anymore, but they kept interacting with you by text or messaging, would you still keep them on Facebook or unfriend them?

yes, unless they do/say something to offend me.

Depends on the circumstances. Was this friend deployed? Sent to another area due to family matters? In prison ? Working a secret Co op mission? The Dynamics as to the distance plays a role, as does the level of the friendship.

More often then not, those friends that are miles away are the ones whom I welcome a text, or small gesture of Howdy do.

Hope it works out whatever you may choose.

I am a middle aged woman. As a child I was BFFs with the neighbor girl. I have not seen that woman since my college graduation many moons ago. I am grateful for FB because it gives us a way to stay connected, even a little bit.

I'm not FB friends with anybody I have never met IRL but it's an awesome way to "see" people I otherwise would never get to spend time with, even if it's virtual.

• Like 2

FB is just a list of people you met or know. A "Friend" on FB could be an old work colleague or someone you met while traveling. FB is social media and should not be considered a true indication of the depth of any relationship. You create drama by deleting people.

I have never understood why people "delete" friends off facebook....unless something really serious or bad happened between you. It's such a passive-aggressive move.

• Like 1
FB is just a list of people you met or know. A "Friend" on FB could be an old work colleague or someone you met while traveling. FB is social media and should not be considered a true indication of the depth of any relationship. You create drama by deleting people.

I have never understood why people "delete" friends off facebook....unless something really serious or bad happened between you. It's such a passive-aggressive move.

Being stalked, always makes me delete.:eek:, actually block.

But OP, if you are mates with this person and they have not upset you in anyway, why delete?

I have all kinds of friends I don't see often. I only unfriend people if they are an a$$ to me or something.

• Like 1