Does this sound bad? "Ill text you next time I'm free."

spanishchick00

spanishchick00

I asked my friend if he was free next week and he replied, "maybe." So, then I said something along the lines that we don't have to go hang out at that place if he didn't want to, and that it wasn't a big deal. Then he said, "I'll text you next time I'm free." Ok..."next time" sounds like a century from now. Or am I just reading too much into this?

WonderWoman911

His responses sound like he's not interested in hanging out with you. They sound very blunt and nonchalant as if he just wanted to say anything so you can leave him alone. It sounds like he doesn't want to be bothered.

It's not great. If he does text that would be a better sign. You can cross your fingers if you like but don't get your hopes up.

• Like 1

I don't know how many ways you can ask this question and get the same responses that he's not interested and keep hoping and asking. He's not interested. You have got to get some dignity! You're just begging this guy over and over for any crumb of attention. It's humiliating. He couldn't care less about you. You're disposable to him. I don't know how you can live with yourself having no more self-respect than this. I'm sorry if that's harsh, but you can't MAKE someone care.

• Like 1
Frank2thepoint

It's a non-committal response. Majority of the meaning behind the text means he isn't interested in hanging out with you, but by saying "maybe" and such means if he has absolutely nothing going on and is very bored, he'll contact you. Probably for a last minute thing like going to a bar or movie.

I asked my friend if he was free next week and he replied, "maybe." So, then I said something along the lines that we don't have to go hang out at that place if he didn't want to, and that it wasn't a big deal. Then he said, "I'll text you next time I'm free." Ok..."next time" sounds like a century from now. Or am I just reading too much into this?

Is this truly just a 'friend' or is this a guy you like?

Either way, he's not interested.

REAL friends don't say stuff like that (bolded).

• Like 1

Yes = Yes

Maybe = No

No = No

It's just that simple. If you ask someone to hang out and they say "maybe," they aren't interested. Would it be easier to say no? Of course. But most people are afraid of conflict, so they use "maybe" instead of a direct "no" so they don't hurt your feelings, and hope that you figure it out on your own, that they don't want to hang out with you.

• Like 1