Man I barely know asked me to go on vacation to Ecuador with him and his friends

Intrepidcaribou

Intrepidcaribou

He seems otherwise normal. He owns a bookstore and is well known in the community. I'm not going, of course. I'm a plain looking 28 year old woman. Why would a guy ask this of an ordinary looking, younger woman he barely knows? He's in his early 40s

He seems otherwise normal. He owns a bookstore and is well known in the community. I'm not going, of course. I'm a plain looking 28 year old woman. Why would a guy ask this of an ordinary looking, younger woman he barely knows? He's in his early 40s

40 year old men don't just rule out women in their 20s as off limits because they get old. In fact many 40 year olds seem to exclusively target 20-something women regardless of how "plain" said 20-somethings think they look. Besides, maybe he likes talking with you/your company or things his friends may as well (or a specific friend..)

Is he single? Are his friends? Are you? Those answers may give you an idea of what his intentions might be. Some men take a stab in the dark on the off chance a woman might say "yes" to a questionable suggestion to gauge interest/test their luck.

In any case, I'm glad you're not going. It all sounds very...odd, at best.

• Author
Intrepidcaribou
Is he single? Are his friends? Are you? Those answers may give you an idea of what his intentions might be. Some men take a stab in the dark on the off chance a woman might say "yes" to a questionable suggestion to gauge interest/test their luck.

In any case, I'm glad you're not going. It all sounds very...odd, at best.

I'm single, so is he. Don't know about his friends

Edited by Intrepidcaribou

To older people, almost all young people look pretty, because they are, whether they think so or not! But since you don't know the guy, I do not recommend going out of the country with him. Visions of sex slave trade, you know. But if he wants to get to know you there in town out in public and you have any interest, then fine.