Am I off base?

Karmababe

I had an acquaintance from high school on Facebook. She friended a guy I am seeing and started hitting on him. I unfriended her from FB, and he unfriended her - never met her, and . only friended her because he saw we were connected. On FB, she kept sending him messages and hitting on him.

When I unfriended her over a year ago, she kept trying to reconnect. When he unfriended her I starting getting nasty messages .. you should have told me you were seeing him, this is just like high school. Frankly, I think she was wrong to friend the guy, I blocked her last night. Tired of seeing her nasty messages. She has been married 3 times, I think she is looking for some unresolved issues in her own life.

I know facebook and social media are sort of designed to let you connect with people your friends know, but I hate a poacher. If someone sees someone on your social media, they should at least ask before they poach. Well rid of her.

Until her nasty messages, I would have said the issues were really all his. He accepted an invite from a woman he didn't know. That's HIS responsibility. Unless, either of you listed that you were in a relationship, there is no way that she would automatically know that. Again HIS (and your) responsibility, not hers to mind read. It was on HIM to enlighten her when he got hit on. HE didn't!

Now, were there more productive, more mature ways for her to handle what turned into an awkward situation? Sure! But if your boyfriend had reacted appropriately to begin with, the drama and nasty messages would never have ensued.

I'm sure she's not the first woman to hit on your boyfriend, nor will she be the last. Perhaps it's time to revisit your game plan and, more importantly, your boyfriend's behavior in all of this. The mess that landed on your virtual doorstep was totally unnecessary.

• Like 2