Saving a frienship

I’ll try and make this as short as possible. I know someone people might be annoyed at me so before I start I just wanna make clear that I don’t want a romantic relationship with this girl, I just wanna keep the friendship we’d had.

I worked somewhere for over a year and half and she was my closest friend in the workplace during that time (I’d dated her frend but that ended so she ended up being my closest friend). Now outside of work we didn’t have much contact aside from a party here and a BBQ there, but we wouldn’t facebook or text often. This was because she’d had a boyfriend for 5 years and is going to get married in June (hence the reason this may annoy some people) and she’s told me he’s jealous of me (he’s the jealous type).

I left work in December and a bunch of them chipped in for a leaving present but she was the one organised it because she knew me best and on the last days I say my goodbyes. In private I say goodbye to her and go to kiss her on the cheek but she turned her head and we accidentally kissed. Anyway I say goodbye and fully expect to not hear much from her again (because we hardly communicated outside of work in the past).

But we start talking on snapchat after I tell her to get it (cause the messages delete themselves) and she confesses that she can’t stop thinking about that kiss and me. Now I know at this point I’m entering dangerous territory here and I like to think I was careful but I did enjoy talking to her and she would message me pretty much every day several times and would seem to get jealous if she thought i was going out with other girls. And then one day she said she was off work for 2 weeks and maybe we could meet and I said yeah we could see after Christmas.

But then after this she hasn’t messaged me first since but I’ve messaged her a couple times and I get the impression she’s gone cold on me and probably most certainly rethinking what she was doing. Now I don’t want her at all, she’s getting married, but I do miss talking to her and I know I’m going to go back to work part time and I’ll have to see her once/twice a week and I don’t want it to be awkward considering she was my closest friend. I haven’t messaged her and she hasn’t messaged me for a few days, what would be the best way to spark conversation without it seeming like I want to pursue her , how long should I wait etc or what should I say to keep our friendship. Should I even ask her what happened? Or just ignore it?

Sorry for the length

WonderWoman911

I think the best thing to do is when you see her just continue to have normal conversation,such as how are you doing, how are things,etc. I wouldn't bring up the whole idea of not hearing from her or ask her what happened.She may have felt that the kiss wasn't such a good idea and now her feelings for you and her future husband are tangled and she's just confused right now. Everything can simply be too much for her right now. Since she's getting married in 6 months, her feelings for you and the other guy can be running her crazy mentally and she just probably need a break from you to evaluate everything. If the two of you are really close friends as you stated,she'll eventually come around to you.

• Like 1

If you do not want any romantic relationship with her as you say, then you need to tell her you hope she didn't misinterpret that kiss because you only want to be her friend. If her bf is jealous, it's going to be hard to be her friend though. I'm a woman and many of my girlfriends' bfs were jealous of all their friends and just made it miserable for them to have any friends. This is a big red flag when it's only same-sex friends, but with opposite-sex friends, it's more of a legitimate worry. Maybe he knows her better than you do (no doubt) and knows she's easily tempted.