complicated friendship

lovesconfusing2

lovesconfusing2

I have been friend with this guy for almost 4 years now. He's my best friend. We spent a lot of time together & tell each other everything. so this summer I realzied I like him. all I ever wanted to do was be around him. so one day I went over to his house and I don't remember how it happens but we kissed. he confessed to me that he's been liking me for the last 3 years. so I told him I liked him too. only problem was that he had a gf. so I told him how I felt bout him having a gf but flirting and kissing on me. he said he's gonna break up with her soon & we was gonna get together. a month later they broke up. he tod me about the break up and wanted me to come over. so to get his mind off his ex I made him laugh. he texted me the next day saying he thinks he fell in love with me. I didn't know what to say. weeks passed and I found out that he was messing with this other girl. I was hurt. he took her to homecoming and everything. but still claimed he liked me. weeks after homecoming I went over and we almost had sex. now I'm confused because I don't know what he wants. he tells ever he likes me and wants to be with me but is talking to another girl. his mother calls me her daughter in law and everything. I want him I really do but then again I don't want to lose our friendship. I went over recently and his mother wasn't home. that's when he decided to make a move. we was on the sofa watching cartoons and then he started kissing me. he started kissing my neck and feeling on me. I told him no I didn't want to but we are best friends so he knows when I'm lying lol. he kept touching me "down there" until I couldn't fight it no more. after a lot of touching he put his face "down there" after that I really don't know what to do. Our other best friends don't even see us as bestfriends.

Well, he was a real jerk for taking that other girl to homecoming. She may be the real reason he broke up with his old girlfriend. If you go strictly by his actions, which is usually wisest, here is what you know for sure: He was maintaining an emotional relationship with another girl (you) while he had a girlfriend, so we know he'll do that. He also said he had more feelings for you than just friends, so he was actually cheating on her in that way. Then when you both came out and said you liked each other, he said he'd break up with her, but it supposedly took him an entire month. What was he doing during that month? Was he seeing this other girl AND you. Probably. And using not being broke up yet as his delay tactic to see this other girl. Then he picked the other girl over you and took her to homecoming after saying he thought he might be in love with you -- so guess what else was a lie? Him saying he might love you. He's not in love with anyone at the moment. Now he's accomplished his goal, it will be interesting to see if he stays or goes. I'm banking on that he will go because he is pretty sure you will put up with him seeing other women while seeing you since you have been all along, even though you thought you and he were just friends.

Keep us updated, but stop listening to what he says and just take seriously what he does and if he's not reciprocating as much time and attention to you as you are to him, then you need to pull back or out or you'll end up just getting in deeper with someone who isn't as invested as you are. I'm assuming you're both pretty young, so it's not the end of the world when young people bounce around dating other people. But they shouldn't be trying to conceal it or lead someone on while doing it.

• Like 2
  • Author
lovesconfusing2

lately he's been ignoring me. well it feels like it. cause he used to call me every night asking me how my day was. but now he hardly ever texts me & yes we are young. we're both 18. the girl he's messing around with is 16. I think she's giving him something if you know what I mean.

He is after one thing - Sex.

Take a break from him because he's 1)treating you poorly and 2)give one another some space to think.

My other suggestion is, don't ever fool around with him ever again. He's not interested in anything serious (relationship wise) with you. Maybe in a month, talk to him about salvaging your friendship but for now, back off and leave him alone since he's acting like a jerk.

• Like 1

One thing good to know and keep in mind is that boys and men like the chase and there's a good many of them who become uninterested after they conquer you. There's a lot of them who just like variety and never stop. The younger they are, the less likely to be actually looking for love that lasts. Sorry.

• Like 1