Party or No Party

amkxoxo

So every year I throw a holiday party. I did one every year in college and this is the first year that I am not throwing one. It broke my heart, but I just moved into a new place with a friend of mine and I am trying to get settled. My apartment is small and dingy and I live with a guy so its not super girly. For now its cheap and easy for my roommate David and I.

In the last few months my best friend (Kelley) introduced me to two guy friends of hers named Dan and Ryan. They are fun and we go out every so often. They are best friends, really nice guys, we always have fun. Well recently one of them mentioned how he wanted to throw a party at his apartment for the New Years Celebration but his apartment is kind of far away and out of the way for people, including me and my best girlfriend Kelley.

The two guys have been trying to convince me to have a party at my apartment. I want to and I want it to be fun. I have thrown some awesome parties in the past and I am quite picky about how I do them. David, my roommate and I have had fun with just a small group of friends, drinks, and games. The issue is that Dan and Ryan want to invite 15 friends of theres to my place for New Years for a party if I have one. I am always skeptical of having all people I do not know. I wasn't raised to ask to bring a bunch of friends to someone else's apartment either. Dan has the apartment that is really far away and Ryan lives with his parents so they are trying to figure out where to have it and they like my place for it. I keep telling them that I don't know and I want to have my friends for a party, and they keep saying "Yeah invite your friends too".

Kelley keeps assuring me she knows all of these people and they are nice, but since there will be drinks and stuff the two guys also expect some of their friends to sleep over my apartment. I am just so skeptical of this. I don't want them to think that I am a party pooper by not allowing it. I wouldn't even mind if I just invited a huge group of my friends, and not there's but I don't want to hurt their feelings. I want the two guys to like me. I have been thinking about this a lot. I want to be cool and maybe the party with all the people, my friends and there's, would be super fun. But what if some people drank and got sick, or ruined stuff in our apartment or something of my roommate's. I don't know them and I am just so skeptical of all of this. Is it rude to have a party and tell them I am only inviting my own friends, and them?

I don't know what to do.

Edited by amkxoxo
Atticus9292012

If it were me, I wouldn't want a bunch of strangers in my house, especially an apartment. You just never know and in apartment or rental, its on you whatever bad happens. When I was younger, I didn't care and would say more the merrier. I would suggest something nuetral not in your home for New Years and maybe get to know these people....or try to meet them beforehand if you really want to have the party.