LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Friendship

Do you think it's a good idea to give a birthday card?

Friendship Having issues with a friend? Get it off your chest!

Old 11th December 2014, 9:42 AM   #1
Established Member

Exclamation Do you think it's a good idea to give a birthday card?

Is it a good idea to give a birthday card for my friend's birthday? I mean I know she's turning 19 but isn't that very unthoughtful to give a card instead of another present? I remember back in my past birthdays my friends didn't give me a birthday card. Instead they gave me something else.

However, I can't think of anything else to give her. I am just curious is this age is actually bad for giving out cards. I know back when I was in school teachers would give out cards to their favourite students (and vice versa) but isn't this age a little too immature to give out cards?
A: I didn't go to university but instead went to college so the friend pool dropped. My neighbourhood just doesn't seem to have the right people for me. I have more internet friends than in real life. I think there is a bigger pool of women I like online.
Armegoggon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2014, 10:09 AM   #2
Established Member

I'm sure people feel different about receiving and giving cards but I see no harm in doing. If you have creative abilities, make your own card so it's even more personal.

She is your friend so you probably have a pretty good idea what her response will be. In this day and age where a lot just write digital greetings, yeah I think a card would be really nice.
StalwartMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2014, 5:23 PM   #3
Established Member

Cards are nice. Or movie passes or a small $10 gift certificate are good too.
Old 11th December 2014, 5:36 PM   #4
Established Member

My friends still give cards. DH's friends do not.

Do or don't. It's whatever your group's custom is.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2014, 5:37 PM   #5

Or any gift certificate to a book store, or retail chain or spa too.
writergal is offline   Reply With Quote