Backstabber

Augustus64

Alright a few years back i had a gf that had me involved in the most intense relationship one could be involved in w/out someone dying. That said during one of our many breakups my "bestfriend" at the time was still remaining close w her despite knowing our relationship was over. He invited her to hangout at his university and she would invite him to hangout w her at her school. She wound up sleeping w one of his close friends. My "bestfriend" concealed this fact and down right lied to my face about it when confronted. When i caught wind i cut him off completely. The relationship w her has long run its course (thank God)

but she was the one that told me this happened. I didn't speak to my "Bestfriend" for two years. until he showed up at my parents place and we had a chat. He apologized and i said i forgive him. Did i make the right decision by allowing him back in my life? or should i cut him out? .. again

Hard to say if it's a mistake or not, as it depends on how sincere his apology was. Did he give an explanation for why he acted that way?

If this is the first time he has done something like this, give him another chance but don't trust him too much. Trust takes time to build back up. If he's a real friend he'll understand that and make an effort to gain it back.

I also find it odd that the girl was the one to tell you this. Did it slip out by accident, or was she trying to ruin the friendship on purpose? I wonder.

maturityassets

Best-friends have a hard time ever really going back the way it was. I was in your friend's position with a previous best friend of mine... Instead I did the deed with his ex girl.I was forgiven and whatever. But in all honesty I just stopped valuing my friend as a best friend long before anything happened. It was coming to a close. We went our separate ways. we still hang out occasionally. i'll go to one of his obscure parties or see a movie together. But it's nothing like how we were before.

• Author

Spiral, He didn't but to be fair i didn't ask i was pissed off and just ripped him a new ******* and when he did apologize years had passed and i was over it, but like maturity said **** just hasn't been the same and i doubt it ever will be.

Accept his apology, but like the writer above said, don't trust him with anything very personal. I mean, he didn't sleep with her but yes, he sort of gave her some opportunity or whatever, but she's a free agent. He did lie, so just remember he can lie.

He was kind of put in an awkward situation. Honestly I don't think you should hold the expectation he tells you in that scenario, as crummy as it sounds.