Friend keeps adding my Facebook friends?

ziggue

She has not met some of them but yet she adds them on Facebook? I only add people I meet in person? Is that considered weird? LOL.

I have an old work mate visiting me at work today. Will probably put photo's of us up on FB and stuff. Garentee my friend will add her after.

Find it a little odd but don't mind.

• Author

Interestingly enough his is the same girl I was talking about in the other post.

At times I feel she benefits from my friendship doing these kind of things. It does get a bit irritating but at the same time she does not take over or still keeps the friendship at a good level.

It is a bit weird though some stuff or is it just me??

She has not met some of them but yet she adds them on Facebook? I only add people I meet in person? Is that considered weird? LOL.

I have an old work mate visiting me at work today. Will probably put photo's of us up on FB and stuff. Garentee my friend will add her after.

Find it a little odd but don't mind.

Hide your friends list so only you can see it.

Your friends don't have to add your friend.

It is weird... How old are you? Teens or in your 20's?

• Like 1
  • Author

I looked out of curiosity at our mutual friends. It was 29. It was not too bad. But I was expecting it to be more but counted 3 friends she would not know other then from my page.

We are in our thirties. Kind of feel slack blocking friends from my newsfeed but if people are actively going through my lists I will.

MercuryMorrison1

Some Facebookers are just flat our friend whores.

I know people who have two and three thousand friends on Facebook...Why? Beats the hell outta me. I know they aren't keeping up with all of these friends, I for example have only a mere 150 friends...And I even feel that's excessive, most of them being people I went to high school with.

Of those 150 friends I would say ''Family aside'' I keep up personally with maaaybbbeee 6 of them.

The reality of Facebook though, is that to many people it's just an imaginary popularity contest.

• Like 2

It's weird. I find it just creepy, like she's trying to take over your life. I just hate that stuff, but do whatever your comfort level is. I would block her from being able to see the friends if you can do that. Although it's too late now.

• Like 1

Don't your friends add her too then ?.. maybe your friends have a different approach to FB than you and will add anybody who sends a request..

I won't add anybody that I don't know and if someone requested me from one of my friends I wouldn't add them unless I knew them.

If you don't want your friends list public then lock it down, my wifes is that way and so are a few other family/friends of mine.

• Like 1
  • Author

My friends see a friend request from her then send me a text asking who she is. LOL.

That has happened twice.

I looked on the list out of curiosity last night and saw she did have 1 friend in common with most of them. But had not met them.

It's like this friend of mine expects her to introduce me to everyone I know. I have decided not to do that now. I do want to keep some parts of my life separate from her.

I feel she benefits from me socially. I know it sounds weird but it is true. I like that she gets along with everyone I introduce her to but she does not have to know everyone I know.

Another friend and I were talking about her yesterday and she feels she uses friendship to benefit herself to. It is not a bad thing I guess but if it puts people on the outer then it is.

My other friend was like she surprises her when she does that. I remember her wanting in on her small business she has with photography wanting to do make up for her on the side. I just thought that is her thing. You don't have to involve yourself.

Little things like that I have noticed. Not the only one who has. But other then that she is fine.

• Like 1
  • Author

I don't mind introducing her to people and her being friends with them but would prefer to do that then her just adding people from my list.

I had a look last night on how to block your list from your friends list but have no idea how to do it in the new Facebook.

Anyone know how?

I don't mind introducing her to people and her being friends with them but would prefer to do that then her just adding people from my list.

I had a look last night on how to block your list from your friends list but have no idea how to do it in the new Facebook.

Anyone know how?

Go to your profile page and click on your friends list. There should be an option called edit near the top of the page where the list is and then a drop down which will show who sees your list. Only you, friends, and public. Choose only you (or it might be called no one). Hope that helps.

I know this type of person. In fact, I have seen one in real life.

She can benefit in a way

(a) improve her social leads - especially if you're a guy and you have other male friends. Chances of scouting more guys get better with higher sample size.

(b) boost her popularity in terms of the type of "friends" she has added. That depends on the targets ones she added.

Or, may be she just want to make friends with your friends. Nothing else.

Edited by youdunsay