She's cheating on my friend and I've got proof of it, but...

Mondmellonw

Well, I have a friend. I have known him for 5 years now.

We're not that close, but we do know each other well.

The thing is that his girlfriend is the ex of my ex.

My ex confessed to me that he slept with her (on an email), so she basically cheated on my friend. But my ex isn't interested in showing his proofs or saying anything to my friend..

I think it's a mess of a situation, and I don't really want to have more issues with both my ex and that girl, but I still feel like it is not fair to my friend, because I know what happened and I am not telling him anything about it.

What will you do on a situation like this? Better to stay away, I think...

I'll appreciate your input.

• Like 1

You're not that close but know each other well?

Is he someone you just say hi to in passing or is he someone you can call if you need help moving furniture? If the latter, then I say tell him. If not probably best to leave it alone.

• Like 1
  • Author
You're not that close but know each other well?

Is he someone you just say hi to in passing or is he someone you can call if you need help moving furniture? If the latter, then I say tell him. If not probably best to leave it alone.

Well, I said that because we used to be more close.

But now it is more like the first option you mentioned, we talk sometimes. We don't hang out together, but we say hi to each other.

I am also worried because it is my ex who is involved in this... and he isn't a respectful person. So I think it is best if I don't do anything.

Edited by Mondmellonw
I think it's a mess of a situation, and I don't really want to have more issues with both my ex and that girl, but I still feel like it is not fair to my friend, because I know what happened and I am not telling him anything about it.

But you don't know what happened. You only heard an accusation which may or may not be true. Not to call your ex a liar, but an ex might have a reason to lie to you about sleeping with someone else. Maybe he wanted to hurt you, maybe he wanted to give the impression that he's getting a lot of action, maybe he wanted to ruin his ex's current relationship. Who knows.

Think about how it will probably play out if you tell your friend that you heard she cheated on him. He'll question her, she'll deny it (whether it really happened or not,) and since there's absolutely no proof, they'll probably both be pissed off at you. And rightly so, kind of, because you shouldn't be throwing around accusations as serious as this when you honestly have no way of knowing the truth.

I would not say anything.

• Like 1
  • Author
But you don't know what happened. You only heard an accusation which may or may not be true. Not to call your ex a liar, but an ex might have a reason to lie to you about sleeping with someone else. Maybe he wanted to hurt you, maybe he wanted to give the impression that he's getting a lot of action, maybe he wanted to ruin his ex's current relationship. Who knows.

Think about how it will probably play out if you tell your friend that you heard she cheated on him. He'll question her, she'll deny it (whether it really happened or not,) and since there's absolutely no proof, they'll probably both be pissed off at you. And rightly so, kind of, because you shouldn't be throwing around accusations as serious as this when you honestly have no way of knowing the truth.

I would not say anything.

You're absolutely right about that...

I can't trust his word at this point, however, I assumed my ex was saying the truth because my town is a very little place, so everyone here knows a lot about the others... And tbh that girl has lots of bad fame (about being a cheater), so there's nothing new about that.

As far as I know, they slept together right after I broke up with him.

He told me this the time he tried to get back together with me. But, the weird part here is that she poked me at facebook. lol I know it sounds silly but I always had the feeling that she was trying to tell me something.

...yet again this are just his words, my theories and the fact that many people consider this girl to be a bad girl.

So no, I can't do anything. I hope the truth gets to see the light soon.

Thanks a lot for your input.