LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Friendship

Can men and women be friends?

Friendship Having issues with a friend? Get it off your chest!

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st December 2014, 8:36 PM   #46
Unconfirmed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ123 View Post
Well, how would you know unless their all married or have girlfriends already?
Most of them DO have wives and girlfriends.

The handful of single ones have made it clear. I pursued 2 past friends and got rejected. The other single friends, if a stranger makes a comment insinuating that there is something between me and the friend, the friend vehemently denies it and acts grossed out. They'll say something like "Phoe's alright, I guess, but no way. I could never see her like that."

When a guy tells me he has zero interest and does not find me attractive, I believe it!
Phoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2014, 8:43 PM   #47
Established Member

Quote:
How so????
It's been my experience that Single guys have better boundaries with married women than married or attached guys. This guy I'm referring to is single, but has a girlfriend..,
katielee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2014, 8:38 AM   #48

Not if your testosterone is still being pumped
Gary45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2014, 10:47 AM   #49
Established Member

Journal Entries: 39
Two other circumstances come to mind:

1. Lack of male sexual experience, generally irrelevant for most post-adolescent males.

2. Satiation - a male who's swimming in sexual experiences may be inclined to take certain females as friends simply because his sexual appetite is sufficiently satiated by the ones he's having sex with.

The first potential came to mind when reflecting back on how my viewpoint on women as platonic friends changed when becoming sexually active. Prior, it was not a problem to have platonic female friends; after, sexual thoughts were persistent, even if on a low simmer circumstantially, with nearly any woman encountered. The testosterone pump was operating at appropriate full male capacity, whereas before it was choked off by 'waiting for marriage' and the attendant suppression.
carhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2014, 11:36 AM   #50
Established Member

Quote:
Well, how would you know unless their all married or have girlfriends already?
That means nothing, unfortunately. I've had guy who admitted they had gfs come on to me.
hotpotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2014, 3:43 PM   #51
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpotato View Post
That means nothing, unfortunately. I've had guy who admitted they had gfs come on to me.
True, it seems these days nothing is surprising anymore. A lot of people have no morals anymore.
NJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote