Does not call but will hang out??

jamie23

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if someone can post their thoughts on my situation. I have been hanging around with a girl for about a month and we knew each other threw work for about 3 months before we started to hang around with each other. We have only hung around and have not kissed or anything. We are both 25 and neither of us have much experience in relationships. We have been out multiple times and it always seems to be me that calls her. She is more then willing to hang out most of the time but she does not call me unless I leave her a message or whatever. We went out a week ago now and we seemed to have a good time. I texted messaged her on monday and asked if she wanted to hang out on friday. (Her day off she goes to school and works so she is busy) This time I did not hear from her so I text messaged her on the wensday to try one more time and she got back to me that night and said it sounded nice but she was going to spend the day with her mom. I said ok and it is now Saturday night and I have not heard from her, I am making a point of not calling her to try and see if she will indeed call me. What do you guys/girls think of this?? When we hang out she is flurty and is always nice. She would ask me to do things when we would run into each other at the places we work but now that I dont work there she never calls out of the blue to ask me to do something. Any advice would be nice.

Thanks,

Jamie

bluechocolate

Most work relationships are situational. It's convenient because you see each other everyday at the same place, but one of you stops working there & the relationship stops too.

You said that she works & goes to school so she is very busy. Perhaps too busy to pursue a relationship out of those bounds and would probably be too busy to have a romantic relationship anyway.

You've clearly demonstrated an interest in her - I would think that if she was interested in you she would call on her own accord.

• Author

Thanks for your response,

Well we actually started to hang out more now that I am not working around her. We worked for two diffrent companies I just would do some work at her building for a few hours a day. She has never really called me that much but I would still talk to her on a reguar basis through text messages or I would call her. She would always would call me back or reply to my messages and when I did see her for lunch or whatever she would almost always ask me to do something with her later. Its only been this past week that has made me think that she is not interested at all. Not this last friday past but the friday before that she came over for a movie and then we ended up going out to play pool. Everything seemed to be fine until she dropped me off at my place, when we pulled up she ok see ya. It was very blunt and seemed like there was something wrong and I cannot figure out if I said something wrong or not. Anyway the Monday after that I sent her a text message and she did not get back to me but her phone is funny and the screen turns off once and awhile so I sent her another message on wensday asking her to go out to a ski resort on friday. She got back to me later that night saying thanks for the invite it sounds nice but I cant make it because I am taking my mom out, take care. So I text messaged her back and said no problem and said if she would like to do something on the weekend to let me know. I have not heard from her since. Your probably right that she is not interested but wanted some feedback anyway :)

Thanks,

Jamie