Fed up of women hating me - where am I going wrong?

coralsmith

For most of my life,I have found it difficult to maintain friendships with girls. This wouldn't even be so terrible, except that I value female friendships and I'm happiest when surrounded by females who I have things in common with.

Edited by coralsmith

Coralsmith,

How did you find out that you value and are happiest with and around females with whom you have things in common, if there has been difficulty, through most of your life, developing exactly those kinds of bonds/relationships?

I mean. Is it from experience or more of a "soul feeling"?

And even then. Why do you feel that it is the company of OTHER females that does or may drive your own happiness?

I am not, in any way, discounting your feelings...at least, am not deliberately or consciously trying to do that. But. I guess...what happened to or in those relationships from which your current beliefs grew, that caused them to no longer be in your life. (Does this make sense? It feels like it may not.)

For most of my life,I have found it difficult to maintain friendships with girls. This wouldn't even be so terrible, except that I value female friendships and I'm happiest when surrounded by females who I have things in common with.

Maybe they feel threatened by you? Do you have many male friends, mostly male friends? Some women tend to steer clear of women who have close friendships with many men because they feel like you (general you) can't be trusted around their guy.

So can you give an example or two? Has there been a falling out of friends that you do have currently? Or do you mean just trouble making new friends that are women.

• Like 1
mercuryshadow

I have the same problem. It wasn't until I joined activities where I could gather with like-minded women, that it gave people a chance to get to know me. Otherwise, women pass judgment on me quickly. For instance, I'm relatively new to my neighborhood, and most all of the other women/moms avoid talking to me and disclude me from neighborhood activities. My H believes it is because of my appearance and that I am well spoken (though in all honesty, I don't think highly of myself at all). People are often surprised when they get to know me, if given the chance. I try not to take my lack of female friendships personally anymore, though it does get lonely.