Shady as hell or did I overreact

sportygirl89

Hello Everyone,

This situation still bugs me because this "childhood friend" is no longer a friend. I may have even gone to the extent of calling her a "b#$#%" the morning after. Everyone agrees the situation was super sketchy/shady/b*&$%#. I've asked parents, friends who are parents, nurses, other people at my gym. Just to make sure I didn't overreact to that situation.

I was talking to this guy through my gym (this is a specific type of gym so I will not name the type in the event they're trolling the page).

I was talking to this guy through this gym. The entire gym was like go after him he is so nice and a good guy. He stopped talking to me on Tuesday (Saturday one of the two ---exfriend's boyfriend and the guy became friends on Saturday).

Then my lifting partner and myself went out to get drinks at a bar downtown. This bar has a fairly decent set up (if you didn't want to see someone you could have just gone on the other side of the building).

We started taking shots and then went to sit at a table just minding our own business. At the time I notice the guy I was talking was hanging out with my ex friend and her now (fiance--don't even get me started on that)...

My ex friend and one of her other friends went up to the bar. She stared at me directly, no word (didn't even go up to the bar to get at least one drink). She walked up to her boyfriend and got the whole group to leave the bar in a bit of a rush. No word, just a "if I had a gun look I would shoot you".

I questioned her via text the next day. I may have called her a B*&%$ then. I had just called her one of my best friends last week. So I don't get it. We had been fighting.

People say I shouldn't consider her a friend, but she had been a friend until last week for the past 17 years....

I hope she knows she won't be able to run from me and leave like a child every time (our gym is very very very social). (Trust me I'm not having any communication with her after this). I even said I would be willing to sit down to talk to her like an adult. That is when she blocked me on facebook--since she wasn't responding to the text.

I'm not sure I understand.

So, you and your friend had been fighting prior to you seeing her at the bar. At the bar, you don't speak to her and she doesn't speak to you. She leaves, perhaps because she notices that you were there. The next morning, you questioned her about it and called her a bitch. Is that right? Then I think you overreacted.

I hope she knows she won't be able to run from me and leave like a child every time

Why can't she leave when she sees you? Seems like the right thing to do if one is trying to avoid a confrontation or any unpleasantness.

• Author
I'm not sure I understand.

So, you and your friend had been fighting prior to you seeing her at the bar. At the bar, you don't speak to her and she doesn't speak to you. She leaves, perhaps because she notices that you were there. The next morning, you questioned her about it and called her a bitch. Is that right? Then I think you overreacted.

Why can't she leave when she sees you? Seems like the right thing to do if one is trying to avoid a confrontation or any unpleasantness.

I said I didn't call her a bitch until AFTER ....not the day before....I had called her my bestfriend the week before. I had witness to this situation being shady as hell. Thanks for being judgmental though.

I said I didn't call her a bitch until AFTER ....not the day before....I had called her my bestfriend the week before. I had witness to this situation being shady as hell. Thanks for being judgmental though.

I dont see the last poster being judgmental at all but trying to deciper the story which I also cannot understand its very unclear sorry =/

• Like 1
  • Author

Sorry I haven't gotten much sleep due to this added b.s. But essentially everyone I've talked to thinks its fishy on her part. Both the guy I was talking to and ex friend Only texted me that week instead of face to face. I wish people did more face to face.