what do people think of this girl?

amkxoxo

So I met this girl Emily my first year of college. My roommate and I were friends with her and her roommates. Emily dated this guy that first year. They would be great one minute and the next she would be telling us he cheated and he was a jerk. Always drama. I trusted her because she was my friend. Her and her roommates would often get together to drink with other men on our floor and I would always hear about it after since I wasn't invited. I figured it was because I wasn't a big drinker. Emily's roommate tara started dating one of the guys, Harry. They would often be together with Harry's roommates, without my roommate and I. I found it bizarre that when we would hangout with Emily and her group they wouldnt invite Harry and his guys. I figured Tara would want her boyfriend there but no. They would always tell us Harry and his roommates were busy.

Our second year we were kind of bummed that Emily and her roommates didn't want to live with us. They picked other girls. So I found us other roommates. Emily and tara would still hangout with us but I would see other times they would go to concerts with their roommates or out to dinner and not ask us. They kept us separate from their other friends. Emily started dating this guy for a few months. I met him and he was really nice. Fit in with us and seemed good for her. Suddenly they broke up and he was a cheater and liar and we all had to hate him. Again like the last guy I trusted what she said because she was my friend.

Harry, Tara's boyfriend lived right next to us. We started hangout out. Harry, me, my roommates, and Harry's friend Mark. We had a great time. I was so confused why Emily and tara would always keep them from us. Also what I noticed was when Emily knew they were over she would always call Mark and tell him she needed him for something. In the middle of us hanging out Mark would leave and she would monopolize him for hours. After a while I found this too ironic and I got suspicious. I started to have a crush on Mark. I didn't do anything about it. Weeks later Emily confided in me that she liked Mark and she told him so. I was crushed but moved on. Then weeks later she comes out that she hates Mark. Mark had a crush on Emily and the fact that she told him and changed her mind. Who does that? And she had yet to tell him she didn't like him. I was mad because at this point I valued Mark as a friend. Things moved on. I was fine. Emily eventually told Mark. Months later. I lost a little respect for her. Mark and I became best friends.

Our third year I lived next door to Emily's ex from our second year. His name is Kyle. The cheater liar etc... he was single and we started just talking. He was still the great nice guy I remember. We got closer. I didn't feel the need to tell Emily since they only had dated for a few months, she hated him, and he I and weren't serious. I planned to tell to her if he and I got serious. For my birthday I planned two celebrations with friends. One night I planned a house party with friends.and roommates. Harry, Mark and some other guys and my roommates and Kyle. I did not invite Emily and her group. I figured she would not want to be around him. On my actual birthday I planned dinner with Emily and the rest of my friend group. Emily goes off and doesn't invite us a lot. But apparently she found out about my house party and was insulted she wasn't invited.

It got out that Kyle and I were seeing each other and Emily then got closer to my roommate and would pump her for information. Kyle came out and told me what happened between he and Emily. No cheating was involved and his story made a lot more sense than hers. He didn't give me any reasons not to trust him. Kyle would go out to parties with his guys for guys night. Some times he would come home and tell me that Emily would be there. He told me she would be drunk and she would sit on his lap.and take pictures with him. One night he told me she was trying to get him to take her home. He broke up with her because they didn't have a lot in common. He never gave into her drunken flirting. Emily and I are no longer friends. She thought I was lying to her and keeping Kyle and secret. She was as made that I wouldn't always invite her to things because of Kyle. She said nasty things about me. She was jealous and it seems everyone she touches is off limits. I am happy to not be friends with someone like this anymore. Harry broke up with tara seeing her true colors as well. Emily tells people I am a bad person. Which is not true. I barely ever like men and pursue them. I haven't even had a real boyfriend. Kyle and I were together for 8 months. I was so happy. He made me happy. Emily even tried to get my roommate to tell me bad things about Kyle to get me to dump him. I am the kind of person I like to judge for myself. One night we had a party and my roommate invited Emily. Kyle was there too. Kyle and I didn't even touch each other to be respectful. Emily and her friends left after twenty minutes. Then she called us A few minutes later to tell us that cops were circling because of the noise and they didn't want us to get busted. We checked all out the windows but saw nothing. I found out later that she lied and just tried to break up our party. Who does that? She's is psycho.

I just can't believe this happened to me. I just think Emily is a horrible person. Now I understand why she kept Harry and Mark from us at first. I think she was afraid Harry and Mark would like my roommates and I which they did, as friends. She is threatened by me. Especially when it comes to men.

Edited by amkxoxo
  • Author

I have a lot of pent up frustration over what happened and the betrayal I feel. Betrayal is one of the worst things next to heartbreak. Loyalty is so important to me. I don't regret being with Kyle since we.we're good together but I wish things could have been different because I lost a chunk of friends because of it. But at the same time just would still be friends with Emily, trusting her when she isn't a good person.