A friend has just ****ed things up between me and my best friend.

ToastedHat

Well today is a day I hope soon enough will be long forgotten.

Tl:dr: My now ex friend became jealous of my best friend's new relationship, hacked me over a number of days saying he's cheating, I noticed that I was completely blocked on everything by her and then realized what had happened.

Full detail:

About a week and a half ago my best friend went into a relationship with a guy, I gave her plenty of space to herself so she can settle into this relationship.

In the few days after they became official one of our mutual friends that never really speaks to her became jealous and went on my messenger app (kik) talking to her pretending to be me to stur things up, such as that I saw him flirting with other girls around the place. I noticed as time went on that if I logged into my account while she was on I would find myself mid conversation with her, in the few days leading up she became reasonably hostile, until I realized a few days ago that she blocked me on everything.

I knew something was up, to cut the story short two other friends found out what this toxic friend did, and said that they will try to contact her to give a full story to her what actually happened. I heard that they started talking to her Thursday, they had a conversation for around two hours trying to set everything straight, such as other instances this friend caused problems for them. A friend told me that she said "Well it's thanks to both of them I'm losing my boyfriend!", she posted two hostile tweets, a status and a instagram picture all which seem to be directly aimed at me.

A day after I was blocked I sent her a message through a backup account to her explaining my side of what happened and that I wouldn't go out of my way to do such a childish thing, I didn't get a reply, but she read the message. Yesterday afternoon I was told through one of the friends that tried to talk to her that she hasn't left the conversation (Usually with kik if you leave the group conversation it automatically deletes it, so there's no way to view what was said again) so I assume when she is a little calmer and these issues have been worked out between her and this guy she can come back and view what was said.

They messaged her on Thursday, by how it still reads they're in a relationship I can imagine that they met up today to talk in person.

What should I do?

How long should I wait until I try to message her again?

Is it a good sign that she hasn't left that other conversation?

It's a good sign she hasn't left the conversation.

Give it a week before contacting her again. Let her really have time for things to settle down.

• Author
It's a good sign she hasn't left the conversation.

Give it a week before contacting her again. Let her really have time for things to settle down.

It was, unfortunately this morning she left the conversation and broke up with this guy, even going as far as to say to a mutual friend she hates my guts.

The friend (That caused all of this) has said that she is up to talk to her to sort it out which I'm thankful for, but there's a good chance that she won't even reply to her, I really don't know.

It was, unfortunately this morning she left the conversation and broke up with this guy, even going as far as to say to a mutual friend she hates my guts.

The friend (That caused all of this) has said that she is up to talk to her to sort it out which I'm thankful for, but there's a good chance that she won't even reply to her, I really don't know.

As sorry as I feel for her, I also feel a bit annoyed-on your behalf.

Fits of pique, upset and confusion, all seemed justified in the earlier stages of this.

Now, IMO, she's starting to get unreasonable in holding you completely responsible.

I hope she listens to this mutual friend.

But if she doesn't, I'm not sure the loss of the friendship will be such a bad thing. :/

• Author
As sorry as I feel for her, I also feel a bit annoyed-on your behalf.

Fits of pique, upset and confusion, all seemed justified in the earlier stages of this.

Now, IMO, she's starting to get unreasonable in holding you completely responsible.

I hope she listens to this mutual friend.

But if she doesn't, I'm not sure the loss of the friendship will be such a bad thing. :/

It'll be a week tomorrow I was blocked so I can understand in such a short time she can be rather hostile, but when the two friends tried to contact her by the looks of it she didn't seem to listen to them at all, even when she posted she broke up with this boyfriend she directly said "because of a guy".

It is starting to get really unreasonable, and I know the more I sit back and wait the more it's going to fix in that it's the truth, even when it isn't. I hope so too, although this mutual friend is more friendly with me than she is her, when **** hit the fan I heard that she blocked the friend so she couldn't talk to her, from what I have heard they haven't spoke since.

It will be a mix of both I would guess, but I can't see much good coming from it, at most she is really the closest friend I had.

It'll be a week tomorrow I was blocked so I can understand in such a short time she can be rather hostile, but when the two friends tried to contact her by the looks of it she didn't seem to listen to them at all, even when she posted she broke up with this boyfriend she directly said "because of a guy".

It is starting to get really unreasonable, and I know the more I sit back and wait the more it's going to fix in that it's the truth, even when it isn't. I hope so too, although this mutual friend is more friendly with me than she is her, when **** hit the fan I heard that she blocked the friend so she couldn't talk to her, from what I have heard they haven't spoke since.

It will be a mix of both I would guess, but I can't see much good coming from it, at most she is really the closest friend I had.

:(

That's painful.

I'm sorry.

• Author
:(

That's painful.

I'm sorry.

It really is painful, she believes because of the fights we have had prior (mainly because of this 'friend' screwing around before) there's a chance she'll just opt to cut me off for good, if there's a will there's a way, but I just want my friend back.

So has this "friend" explained to you why she messed things up between you two? How do you know she wont' make up more things and ruin things even more?

I find that odd that other people have explained to her that it was never you saying those things, yet she still refuses to speak to you. I can understand her being upset at first, but she's being pigheaded in refusing to speak to you. She's mad at the wrong person.

• Author

She's said that she felt majorly jealous that my ex was in a new relationship, after she realised to an extent what she caused she became upset and wanted to help correct it, mainly because I'm angry she'd even do this. Its a gamble, but I'm going to meet up with the friend let them talk while I'm sat beside, when me and her have resolved this I'm cutting ties with the friend.

I assume she doesn't want to because in her mind I'm the one that caused this, I'm the one that said those things, I'm the one that broke her up with this guy, even though I never. This Thursday I'm going to meet up with the friend for them just to talk, but there's a chance that she wouldn't even reply.

Ideas on what to say that would make her respond?

• 2 weeks later...