odd situation

jesusfist

well summed up, there's this girl at my school who through her own behavior around me and a letter i received is obviously interested in me. The problem is we're reasonably good friends and apart from that i have no interest in her what so ever, i'm curious if anyone else has been in a similar situation or has any advice on the matter. When i break it to her that i'm not really interested, i'd prefer to stay friends and not rip her heart out.

then do it kindly and quickly. tell her she's ace but make it very clear you're not interested in her that way. ok i admit it's hard to come out with something blunt unless she's been blunt about her intentions first, but just try not to be mysterious. if she leads you on by saying something or writing something, your silence on the matter could easily be misinterpreted. you gotta say it out loud.

it'll probably sting like hell for a few days and she'll be embarrassed but if she's cool she'll come around and you may well be able to be friends. just don't tell other people she likes you.

rip her heart out? jesusfist, you're cute but you're not that cute. us girlies are a pretty resilient lot, she'll survive. x

• Author

thanks for the reply, thats basically what i was going to do. just hearing it from someone else tends to help if you know what i mean. What i meant by rip her heart out was that i know how hard it was for her to write to me and say what she said, and rejection can be bad and it can be really bad depending on the person.

i'll get back with the results, should be okay though