I need to find some new friends...

iDrumKing

So recently over the past few months I've been evaluating the social circle that I'm in. I have to admit that I'm not interested in the friends that I currently have.

Either they how no drive to do anything with their life at the moment or they only care about "having fun." <--- Which I'm not against, but at some point you have to take steps to better yourselves.

I have one buddy who dropped out of college, works as a cashier at a grocery store, and smokes weed when he's not working at in his parents home.

I have another friend who is out of school for this semester and lives off mom and dad. I've tried advising him on places to apply for a job, but won't listen. He's never had a job. Perfect time to start building some form of a resume, no? This is just one of many people around me.

I'm not saying I'm better or above anyone. I'm a very humble guy, but I DO want to surround myself with driven and passionate people who want to explore life to the fullest.

Is this selfish of me to think this?

Not selfish at all.

Look around your work for friends. Attend industry events. Perhaps join a chamber of commerce.

• Like 1

You've just out-matured your friends. Slackers are fine when you're young and nothing better to do than party, but they're just dead weight when you have ambition and are moving forward.

• Like 1

You're not selfish at all, like the other posters said, you've just outgrown a lot of your social circle. It happens throughout life. I'm 48 and just went through a midlife reevaluating of some of my social circle, and some once close friends. We all have to grow, and (wow, I hear my grandmother's voice in this,lol)...the company you keep can have a big impact on your life, negative or positive.

When it starts being more negative, it's time to reevaluate.

Go to new places, do different things, you'll find some friends who fit into your new phase in life.:)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author
You've just out-matured your friends. Slackers are fine when you're young and nothing better to do than party, but they're just dead weight when you have ambition and are moving forward.

You know that other thread I made about flaky friends? Well... that's the same person from this thread.