Friend ignores me now she has new boyfriend

notsointerested

notsointerested

I've been friends with this girl for about a year now. We got along very well, helped each other with college work and helped each other through relationship or family issues. We were good friends and we talked a lot. We were happy just as friends, we didn't want to date each other. Nothing wrong with being friends with the opposite sex, right?

She acquired a new boyfriend last month and since then she has pretty much ignored me, doesn't reply to my messages and if she does, it's a short answer. She is no longer active on any social networking sites either.

This is the thing, I think she's going to come running to me for advice if she ever breaks up with her boyfriend. Could she have been using me this whole time? One of her best friends has noticed something similar too.

Is this normal for girls to behave like this in a new relationship? I'm ready to cut off all contact with her and forget about her for good.

Am I overreacting here?

whichwayisup

Take a different approach. Why not call her and make plans to see her? Let her know that you miss her and let her know that you miss spending time with her. I doubt she's doing this maliciously - More like (and many people DO do this at beginnings of relationships) she is just thinking of herself and wanting to spend all her time with the new boyfriend.

She also is doing this to other friends so it's not just you.

A lot of women toss their friends aside when a guy comes into the picture. I don't think she was using you in the sense that she maliciously & deliberately set out to be affirmative mean to you. I think she's just one of those women who drop their friends for a man.

I'd try to spend time with her & when you are together tell her you feel cast aside. Ask her to work a little harder on your friendship.

If she can't or won't do that I see no reason for you to pick up the pieces later.