How can someone say horrible things about someone and be able to face that person

Georgia2014

When my ex and I were together he called his best friend a man whore multiple times and said a lot of other mean things. How can he still face his friend all though his friend doesn't know what he said yet how can my ex still face the guy? I've often wondered how people can do that without feeling guilty because they know what they said even if the other person doesn't. He also complained what an awful friend his best friend is.

Are you sure he never called his friend a man whore to the guy's face?

Men are different from women. While a crack like that may be friendship ending for women, certain guys may relish it as a point of pride.

If he's your EX, what difference does his relationship with his buddy mean to you?

• Author
Are you sure he never called his friend a man whore to the guy's face?

Men are different from women. While a crack like that may be friendship ending for women, certain guys may relish it as a point of pride.

If he's your EX, what difference does his relationship with his buddy mean to you?

I personally think his best friend is a control freak. I never did like him. He brain washed my ex against me. He wanted my ex single because my ex never called him or spent time with him when we were together. He only talked to his best friend In the beginning or our relationship. My ex wanted to always be with me. I never told him he couldn't see or talk to his best friend my ex had made the decision himself not to talk to him. On the day of our brake up my ex called his best friend & he brain washed my ex against me and he also broke up my ex's previous relationship. At least that is what my ex said. His best friend broke up 2 of his relationships. I know he brain washed my ex because my ex said things he normally wouldn't have said. He had spoken to his best friend right before we broke up. As soon as he spoke to his best friend he was 100% different person. He became selfish, rude and arrogant. I did thankfully learn that is how my ex truly is.

My entire point of the post is how can people say awful things behind someone's back and face them again and are nice to them.

You want to believe he brainwashed your ex, but the truth is he goes to this friend to hear what he wants to hear and knows he'll hear from him, which is the guy taking his side. He likes his friend.

• Author
You want to believe he brainwashed your ex, but the truth is he goes to this friend to hear what he wants to hear and knows he'll hear from him, which is the guy taking his side. He likes his friend.

You weren't there and yes he WAS brain washed because he wanted my ex single. His best friend broke up two of my ex's relationships.

Edited by Georgia2014

1) he thinks that he'll never find out

2) he doesn't realize just how bad it is that he does that.

3) maybe he changed his mind since saying all those things

Frankly I think your ex can't take responsibility for his own actions. He says his friend broke up his relationships, but that's not true. He broke them up himself. He blames things on other people. I am wondering if he told his friend that you were forbidding him from seeing his friends so he wouldn't have to admit that he just didn't want to.

Good riddance!