Copy Cat

A person I know copies every move I make. I sometimes think that this person is befriending me only to cipher information, copy my intellectual & creative interests, and then tries to up me in them. She’s very competitive!

Whatever I study, she then studies. When I read certain books, she quickly gets to the business of reading the same books. When I started to take photography seriously, lo and behold, she took up photography then sent me her photos.

Also, this person showed up at a cafe where I was chilling out only to say, “hey, I was kinda stalking you.” What the…?

What is going on with this woman? She’s starting to piss me off! She’s constantly emailing me questions like, “What are you up to?” And then proceeds to brag about her accomplishments.

I now ignore her. She keeps bugging me. She doesn’t seem to get the message that I want nothing to do with her. She’s passive-aggressive, and there’s no trust on my end. I do not trust her because I think that she has and is trying to intellectually use me. Something in my gut is telling me to stay far away from her. I can’t explain this very real feeling of threat.

What else can I do?

I completely understand. She is a stalker. She wants to be you. I had a friend who became that way and was secretly wearing my clothes and trying to steal my men. You need to block her any way possible and tell her in no uncertain terms and even in writing for proof later "I don't want any more contact with you, ever." If she keeps pursuing you, document everything. If you can't block her emails, then delete your old email account and get a new one. Block her on Facebook and block her texts or change numbers, whatever you have to do. You are not crazy. She is creepy and NO good can come of this. She will try to take over your life like the parasite she is.

• Like 1